Forums

Ontario EV rebate received?

Ontario EV rebate received?

I applied for the EV rebate on June 1. Other than an acknowledgement that it has been received, I haven't heard anything. I wonder what other Ontario M3 owners are experiencing. Has anyone received the rebate yet? Any sense of how long it might take?

nshaubel | 14 januari 2019

Sent EV rebate for Model 3 on June 7th -haven't received yet.I also sent in Charger rebate on June 25th received that today Jan 14th

brendan | 17 januari 2019

I also received my charger rebate a few days ago (direct deposit) but nothing for the EV itself. Both were submitted on June 16th.

janehowardbaker | 18 januari 2019

Just an update for everyone. I called today. Two different numbers. One for the car and the other for the charger. Both rebates are promised by fiscal year end March 31, 2019.

Ontario Ministry of Transport
E-Vehicle car rebate 1 866 767 0638 evip@ontario.ca
End of March 31 2019

Ontario Minister of Finance
E-Vehicle charger rebate 1 866 668 8297 electric.vehicle@ontario.ca
End of March 31 2019

bernard.holbrook | 20 januari 2019

I sent my rebate paperwork in 2018 June 18 but I have not yet received the payment.

thoratamol | 28 januari 2019

Got my car delivery on June 01, 2018. Applied for rebate on June 03, 2018. No reply what so ever after that. Tried following the application last month. Only heard back that the application is in process.
Today got an email that the application is processed and the money will be given by cheque and not going to be credited to bank even though asked for it.
Happy to hear something back.

isafdad | 5 februari 2019

Picked up my car June 7th, received my charger rebate yesterday by direct deposit, but still waiting for action on vehicle rebate. I have called and emailed but have only been advised that my application has been received and they are busy working on applications. I have also written to complain to my Ontario MP and the Minister of Finance for Ontario - both were unhelpful and only spouted the same party line. It all appears to be simple delaying tactics. I'd like to launch an access to information request to verify the volume of applications and processing times, with particular comparison to personal versus dealer applications.

thoratamol | 6 februari 2019

Got my car delivery on June 01, 2018. Applied for rebate on June 03, 2018. No reply what so ever after that. Tried following the application last month. Only heard back that the application is in process.
January 28, 2019 got an email that the application is processed and the money will be given by cheque and not going to be credited to bank even though asked for it.
February 06, 2019 received the cheque by post.

bernard.holbrook | 11 februari 2019

I just received the email below from EVIP; it's what EVIP sends out when the application paperwork check out. Looks like my rebate is finally being processed.

Note that they asked for the following three documents:

1) A copy of your vehicle’s trim/configuration information.
- Accessible on Tesla website for your vehicle purchase.
- Titled: Model 3 Motor Vehicle Order Agreement Vehicle Configuration
- Specifies Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive

2) A copy of your vehicle’s original bill of sale. (Title: TESLA MOTOR VEHICLE PURCHASE AGREEMENT Final Price Sheet).

3) A copy of your vehicle’s ownership (Green registration paper) showing both the plate portion and vehicle portion.

Patience all, it looks like they are coming.
Cheers,
Bernie

Hello,

This is to confirm that we have received your documents and your application is now in line for payment. Please note that due to the volume of applications in line for payment this process will take a minimum of 3 weeks.

Thank you,
EHVIP Team

Mikepdoyle27 | 15 februari 2019

Just got my $14k incentive today. Sent in my papers mid June. Got an email about 2 weeks ago saying my incentive request was accepted and that they would be mailing out all cheques instead of using direct deposit. About 3 weeks ago I got my charger incentive. Hang in there everyone that is still waiting.

ScottyEV | 22 februari 2019

Took delivery on September 6th, 2018 and emailed EV Rebate package September 7, 2018. Have only received automated confirmation of receipt that followed immediately after. Getting nervous! Anyone else in my situation??

ScottyEV | 22 februari 2019

Took delivery on September 6th, 2018 and emailed EV Rebate package September 7, 2018. Have only received automated confirmation of receipt that followed immediately after. Getting nervous! Anyone else in my situation??

ursv | 23 februari 2019

@ Iwantmy3 - I just received the denial for the charging station. They are saying "an eligible level 2 charger was not purchased".
Anything in particular that you submitted to get the rebate?

isafdad | 23 februari 2019

Reply to URSV: The EV charging incentive program specifically mentions the "charging stations must be on the eligible charging station list (which they have a link to in the application)"; I suggest you review if your charger was on the list. I purchased direct from Tesla and was reimbursed. Good luck.

Further to URSV: The application also states that the purchase must be from a Canadian dealer/website/retailer - I purchased directly from the Tesla service centre in Montreal.

Further to URSV: The application also states that the purchase must be from a Canadian dealer/website/retailer - I purchased directly from the Tesla service centre in Montreal.

ursv | 24 februari 2019

We used the charger that was included with our model 3. It has an adapter for a utility outlet.
Do you have to buy a separate charger to be eligible?

ScottyEV | 25 februari 2019

petermaureen | 2 maart 2019

Took delivery September 10th (last day for rebate!) and got email this week advising rebates being processed for both car and charger. They've advised that they are sending cheques although we originally requested EFT transfer. We've been told to expect the cheque within 2 weeks.

ScottyEV | 3 maart 2019

Thanks petermaureen! May I ask when you ordered your M3?

ScottyEV | 5 maart 2019

Anyone order after July 11 2018 and receive before September 10 2018 and get their rebate??!

Notlgeoff | 5 maart 2019

Submitted application on June 14, got email 25 Feb saying I had not submitted the right info (for some reason I didn’t scan the final price sheet - my error). Sent in the correct form on Feb 25, but didn’t get a reply till today - saying they had not received the final price sheet! (moral of the story - they can misplace your emails, follow up, be persistent). Sent the final price sheet again and got an email back saying all is now ok, but payment no sooner than 3 weeks.

bernard.holbrook | 13 maart 2019

I finally received my cheque today after a nine month wait. While getting the rebate was great, the wait was ridiculous as the Ontario government would never tolerate a citizen or business taking nine months to pay it.

My rebate request went in 2018 June 18 and the payment was received 2019 March 13.

Thanks to the Liberals for putting the rebate in place originally and boo to the Ford government for taking it away at the same time as cutting gas taxes. Shame on Ford and his Cons.

anderslangen | 14 maart 2019

I emailed yesterday for an update on my June 8th submission.

They lost it completely!

I re-sent everything, and had to send my auto-reply confirmation to prove i had actually submitted when I said I did.

Wow

brendan | 16 maart 2019

Just to follow on from Bernard’s message, I received the rebate by cheque on February 25th. After an 8 month wait.

As Bernard says, this was a total and unnecessary fiasco that Ford and the Conservative government should be ashamed of. The current government lacks vision and foresight which is actually what we need in order to become a high performing economy and a great place to live in the coming years.

Even though many people hated and criticized Wynne and the Liberals, they did many things to advance and stimulate an economy that recognizes that the environment, emissions, conservation etc are integral components.

Unfortunately we are now going backwards with a government lacking any vision and pandering to greedy interest groups. Roll on 2022.

kmartyn | 16 maart 2019

This week a new federal EV rebate is expected to be announced in Canada, as part of the budget. Good news for those that have not yet taken delivery of their M3.

isafdad | 20 maart 2019

Received my rebate cheque finally, 20 march. Replying to kmartyn, federal rebate will exclude Tesla since it is limited to $45,000 vehicle purchase price (apparently the limit raises to $55,000 for businesses). So the incentive works for short range, lower quality EV's and lower priced Hybrid vehicles, not the best selling EV on the market. The incentive seems shortsighted since the major greenhouse gas contributions come from large SUVs that are priced above $45k - it would make sense to offer that segment of the population an incentive to replace those with an EV. We were considering a Model Y next year and the $5K incentive would have made that choice easier.

bernard.holbrook | 20 maart 2019

@isafdad - We can all write in and lobby to raise the MSRP limit. I intend to.

petermaureen | 25 maart 2019

@ScottyEV, sorry, I'm only seeing your earlier question now.
I think we ordered in late May/early June.
Just last week we finally received the rebate for the purchase of the vehicle. We received partial rebate for the charger installation as we missed a deadline for installation which I had not previously understood.
The home charger was ordered and received prior to the July date when they cancelled the rebates for Tesla....but it was not installed prior to that date, so we were denied the rebate on the installation portion of the charger.
I have no statistical data to back this up but does anyone else feel like the Tesla rebate applications were all put at the bottom of the pile as a final act of spite from the Ontario premier towards Tesla since he was angry he lost the lawsuit?

petermaureen | 25 maart 2019

Also, we see a new Model Y in our future. It sure would be nice if the Canadian Federal government could work out the details of their new Zero Emission vehicle plan. Right now it seems that barely any of the EVs on the market would qualify except the base models with very low range. I think they pulled the $45K dollar limit out of the air without doing any research.
We'd love to qualify for a rebate if/when we buy a Model Y, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I think for some reason there is a "rich person only" cachet about Tesla that has not been applied to other EVs and the governments don't want to be seen handing out rebates to "rich people".
We are very pleased to have received the rebate for our Model 3. I cannot envision ever going back to an ICE vehicle.

Iwantmy3 | 25 maart 2019

petermaureen,
I don't think that the $45000 limit is pulled out of the air. That was a carefully chosen number that just managed to allow base models from certain manufacturers (Chevy Bolt) while eliminating others (Tesla model 3). This is no accident.

From what I saw, the budget was meant to be a headline grabber for the election while the programs behind the headlines were all severely crippled from the start for anyone who might look closely at them. Including the model 3 would have opened the floodgates for purchases and would have cost the government more than they wanted to spend while pi$$ing off their large corporate donors (other auto manufacturers and dealership organizations).

Cissell | 27 maart 2019

Decided to call the EV line to fine out where my refund cheque is only to find out they lost some of the paperwork AGAIN for the 2nd time, make sure you get in touch with them if haven't heard anything.

Mooseman | 16 april 2019

I finally got the cheque in the mail yesterday :). It took MTO 7 month and 4 days to process the application and mail the cheque.

Received the Model 3 LR RWD on September 10, 2018
Applied for the incentive on September 11, 2018
Cheque received April 15, 2019

Notlgeoff | 16 april 2019

Rebate applied for on June 14, payment dated April 1 so an eventual happy ending. Thanks to all who posted and provided some kind of ‘misery loves company ‘ support group.

Good luck to anyone still waiting - keep the faith.

Pages