Forums

Why can't I post a new thread? [Update] I can. See details

Why can't I post a new thread? [Update] I can. See details

I am wondering why I am prevented from posting a new thread.

[Update]
Actually I can.

Currently, only accounts that are flagged as owners can start a thread. Anyone can post to a thread.

calvin940 | 18 maart 2019

I guess I can.

Ross1 | 18 maart 2019

We smarter ones will just have to edit our old threads, or hijack some
Or retire.

gballant4570 | 18 maart 2019

I truly enjoy retirement from the work force, perhaps retiring from this forum could also have its rewards....

apodbdrs | 18 maart 2019

Just checking!

Ross1 | 18 maart 2019

Would someone please start a tjread for me. You know who you are!

Title: "The thread for folk who cannot start a thread (through no fault of their own)".

Ross1 | 18 maart 2019

aarrgh. thread . please do not start a tjread.

charlie | 19 maart 2019

How does one get their account flagged as owner (got my VIN today!)

2015P90DI | 19 maart 2019

@charlie, once you've taken delivery and paid for the car, you'll then be flagged as an "owner"

82bert | 19 maart 2019

I’ve been an owner for nearly 5 months and soon to be on twice over, but still not flagged as an owner n

gmr6415 | 19 maart 2019

@82bert, I think you have to request it. I've been an owner since August of 2018 and still don't have owner privileges.

I guess it's time to make a request.

syclone | 19 maart 2019

Theoretically, you have to be an owner to start a thread (what about the Asian spammers). But I've found that on the computer I'm using now (a Microsoft Surface 6) I can't originate a thread. However on my desktop computer, a Dell SFF I7, I have no problem starting a thread. Any Windows Geeks out there?

charlie | 19 maart 2019

@2015P90DI - Thanks - the paid for part is done as of a few minutes ago, now it is the "wait for delivery"

DAlexModel3 | 19 maart 2019

I can not start a new thread now, although I have done so in the past and am an owner. Whom does one contact to get owner status added?

Kathy Applebaum | 19 maart 2019

@DAlexModel3 I used the "contact us" link in my Tesla account, gave them my forum name and told them I wanted to be flagged as an owner. Complete radio silence, but after about a week I got the ability to flag spam, see the local Tesla clubs, see private threads, etc.

sajano | 19 maart 2019

I'm a recent owner.. but don't have ability to start a thread.

sajano | 19 maart 2019

I'm a recent owner.. but don't have ability to start a thread.

wildblue | 19 maart 2019

Interesting. I have owned my Model 3 since July and have been able to start topics until now (I don't use the forum much so don't know when the change occurred). I sent a request from the Request Help form on my account. We'll see...

jwitkin | 19 maart 2019

Also locked out of the forums, though I've owned two Teslas since April 2018.

lilbean | 19 maart 2019

This is great! No spam. :)

mrburke | 19 maart 2019

@jwitkin - I got knocked off earlier today and then later I got an e-mail from Tesla that said : Account details for mrburke@XYZ123.com at Tesla (approved)

Bighorn | 19 maart 2019

Seems that now is an ideal to get properly credentialed with someone minding the hen house here lately. If you haven’t had flagging privileges, you also haven’t had access to regional threads or private owner posts. Time to get with the program.

Magic 8 Ball | 19 maart 2019

Forum should be for owners and non-owners to post. Posting rights should be restored to everyone, IMO. Trying to flag police the bot spam may be an improvement but not effective. Definitely evidence of something being worked on here, staying tuned.

beaver | 19 maart 2019

I lost the ability to post and I am an owner (formerly epostby I changed to try to get privileges back). I chatted with Tesla support and they said they couldn’t change my privileges, said I should re-register. Is this true? Anyone try this?

mrburke | 19 maart 2019

@beaver - I got mine back without asking. I assume they(the forum admins) are going through the user database and cleaning it up and fixing it. Hopefully they are putting in stronger anti-spam tools as well.

lilbean | 19 maart 2019

Posting rights for everyone means thousands of spam threads.

mrburke | 19 maart 2019

@lilbean-spam can be controlled without blocking non-owners.

Magic 8 Ball | 19 maart 2019

Posting rights of new topics, only for owners, IMO, really limits the value of the venue.
It would be much more effective to simply give everyone rights and just put in a spam filter.
We'll see where it goes, a work in progress as they say.

lilbean | 19 maart 2019

I don't know but this is the first time years that the spam has been blocked.

calvin940 | 19 maart 2019

@beaver Use the Request Help feature on your account, select Account from the drop-down and request owner status. About a week-ish time I was granted.

Ross1 | 19 maart 2019

@ lilbean: how are you going to be motivated if I am blocked?
Quoting you lol

calvin940 | 20 maart 2019

Essentially, the Tesla admins have chosen to elect the owners as thread moderators of sorts at least for the time being. I will offer to start a thread or two for people if they want. I would probably do it like:

[username] Why is FSD worth the cost?

and then you can continue as you wish. I won't exclude people I don't agree with, but I also wont have the thread title be something I am not comfortable with posting with my name, but once created, you would be free to post replies to the thread as you would normally as that would be associated with your username not mine.

Kary993 | 20 maart 2019

"Posting rights of new topics, only for owners, IMO, really limits the value of the venue.
It would be much more effective to simply give everyone rights and just put in a spam filter.
We'll see where it goes, a work in progress as they say."

It's not like the rest of the world hasn't already mastered forum management....why is Tesla reinventing the wheel here? Tesla is an innovation company....building and running forums is not innovation.

calvin940 | 20 maart 2019

I suspect it's not about not being able to find software currently that is better but rather the existing data that cannot be migrated so we/they would lose all the history. That's probably keeping Tesla from doing it.

lilbean | 20 maart 2019

No more FUDsters and people crying wolf. So great!

Kary993 | 20 maart 2019

Just real owners that can't post new threads on the forum......my request has been sent....nothing yet......