Forums

iphone starts playing music as soon as I get in my S, annoying

iphone starts playing music as soon as I get in my S, annoying

My iPhone starts palying music as soon as I get in my S. The music comes on while i'm on the phone! Very annoying.
Does anyone know how I could disable this feature? Does not happen when I drive my 3!!!

EVRider | 5 mei 2019

When I updated my 2016 AP1 Model S to V9, I start seeing a similar issue (which was also reported by others in the forum), but the music didn't play audibly -- the media player on my iPhone was playing, but I wasn't hearing the music. I haven't seen the problem in my 2018 Model S.

When was your S built, and which version of the software is installed in the car?

jackrg | 5 mei 2019

I have a similar issue. First, paused channels may start playing again when car starts up. Second, channels may change at random when car starts up. Third, It may switch from a Internet Music channel to my phone when the car stats up. So, in general, Random changes to audio system at car startup.

enarkay | 5 mei 2019

My iPhone starts palying music as soon as I get in my S. The music comes on while i'm on the phone! Very annoying.
Does anyone know how I could disable this feature? Does not happen when I drive my 3!!!

enarkay | 5 mei 2019

My S is 2013, bbut this problem started a few months ago. I believe I have the latest update

NG | 5 mei 2019

I have a 2015 and the problem started with an update a while back. Music or Podcasts will start playing when entering the car. I haven't been able to find a way to disable either through my iPhone or the car.

iTesla | 6 mei 2019

I have an iPhone X. If you quit the application by swiping up it will not autoplay, but that's annoying to do.

kerryglittle | 6 mei 2019

Good advice iTesla. Double click the home button and swipe away. Makes your phone battery last longer too without everything running in the background.

Tdreamer | 8 mei 2019

Same issue for me - started with V9 upgrade. Frustrating

dlake | 9 mei 2019

Same issue here. Feb 2014 MS.

ir | 9 mei 2019

Same issue on my 2013 MS and 2016 MX. Overall, there’s been Media Player wanting to play when you don’t, going back to v7.

* Slacker forgets pause after deep sleep, fixed(?) but...
* Slacker unpauses when you open car door (likely triggered by volume change), fixed but...
* Makes iPhone silently play music on phone call or phone voice prompt (ie. Waze)

ihara | 10 mei 2019

The same problem with my Model S, firm 2018.48.12.1. Annoying. Old firm in Japan is also annoying.

stevenmaifert | 10 mei 2019

Go into the Bluetooth settings on your phone and open the pairing for the car. If there is a separate box for pairing as a media device, take the check out of that box. That's how I solved this issue with my Android phone.

Rowlie | 20 mei 2019

I'm disappointed that Tesla hasn't fixed this yet. It has persisted as a problem through multiple updates both to my 2015 P85D and to iOS. I have even changed phones from an iPhone X to an iPhone XS max. It doesn't happen in any of my other 4 vehicles with Bluetooth streaming connections.

I reported the problem to the service center when my car was in for service, but the only response I got from them was to change a setting on my phone without any indication of what that setting is. I want to be able to stream from my phone to the car, so I don't want to turn that feature off in Bluetooth, but I don't see any other way of preventing it.

Any other ideas?

kerryglittle | 21 mei 2019

I have had that happen a few times Rowlie but not on a regular basis. I have my settings on the car to stay on USB and it pretty much stays there but the very odd time it will flip to my iPhone. Are you saying this happens every time? I don't know what triggers it off to switch though. Sorry. It only takes a second to go on the screen and put it back to where I want it to be.

stevenmaifert | 21 mei 2019

For me, the music would start to play in the background on my Android phone, but the car didn't switch over to it. Same car and phone for 6 years and this didn't start until V9 was released.