Forums

Tesla Doors

Tesla Doors

My Model X 2016 having problems in opening doors from outside.It opens the doors from inside touch screen but not outside when you press handle latch in all the doors except drive door which open automatically on approaching the car.Once you open the door from inside than it will open from outside but on first approach to car doors did not open for the guest which embarrass you.I called Tesla and they try to reboot the car but to no avail.I have an appontment with mobile service on July 18 and will wait till than to have this problem taken care off.Did anyone else has the same issue.

jimglas | 9 juli 2019

no

Madatgascar | 9 juli 2019

Yes. It’s a settings issue - walking up to the car can either unlock all doors, or only the driver’s door. Go to settings and select all doors - problem solved.

(Some people like to keep the other doors locked for security purposes, as it reduces the possibility of carjacking.)

Controls > Vehicle > Driver Door Unlock Mode

Sandman89 | 9 juli 2019

You are correct.Problem solved.I wonder why Tesla Technician not able to solve the problem despite being with me on the phone for half an hour doing all sort of rebooting.I wonder they may not have enough training for simple problems.

Usually pays to try the forums!