Forums

V10 now rolling out to (almost) all US owners

V10 now rolling out to (almost) all US owners

Rolling out now to FSD purchasers who have selected "advanced" in the update settings only. Rolling out next week to everyone else. Like any other Tesla update, you probably won't get it instantly and may have to wait a few days. The update to look for is 2019.32.10. Expect an Android/iOS app update too. 3.10.0 for iOS. 3.10.0-381 for Android. Link to Android APK: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/tesla-motors-inc/tesla-motors/tesla-motors...

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1177235772857970688

Whdame | 26 september 2019

There are different variations of V10 put now. .11 and .12 depending on vehicle configuration. That isn't all that new....

This is though for the app.
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-v10-mobile-app-window-venting-closing-fu...

82bert | 26 september 2019

Nice. I’m surprised that’s the update # however.

.11 and .12 were for early access users only.

The tweet he linked is from a reliable Tesla follower and explicitly stated it’s rolling out wider. Not sure if it would be just FSD people as Elon said at this point.

I knew 82bert, I am EAP.

@82bert- I agree with you though about the version number. It wouldn't make any sense for a lower version number to be wider release when early access is still working on variations after that number. Of course all the screenshots provided or going to be the same between wider and EAP. You need a screenshot of the page with the vehicle itself to show the version base number. EAP has the word "confidentiality" there.

The OP is referring to a wider V10 release. I couldn’t tell if you realized that from your post. So it’s new to the rest of us schlubs. Ha.

The twitter user from the posted link actually posted a screenshot of the software downloading and it was 2019.32.10 and no mention of early access on it. But definitely odd.

SteveWin1 | 26 september 2019

"The update to look for is 2019.32.10"

Huh, I see zero cars on TeslaFi with that update number. Latest is 2019.32.2.12 and hardly anyone has that. Also, that update number doesn't really follow their usual convention. Fake news?

LoL- you're not a schlub!!!!

That is definitely odd then. Usually the wuder release happens after they revoke the EAP version of it.

Seems very much legit following Tesla truth’s twitter feed.

hokiegir1 | 26 september 2019

So, it's 32.10....and the EAP versions were 32.2.11/32.2.12, so it *is* a later "number". Apparently, it's hitting "wide" release on Stats app, but nothing on TeslaFi yet. I also saw there's an app update that will include venting windows to correspond with this (only for cars running V10, so if you have the updated app but no V10, you won't have the windows yet), but nothing in the Android store this morning about an update yet.

And I used "wide release" loosely....

You’re correct on the naming, hokiegirl. I just assumed it would be a later week than 32 even.

@82bert - Oh, I did, too. I was expecting 36.x, so I'm still surprised. I just wanted to point out to those saying it was an earlier number than the EAP versions that it wasn't because they had the .2 in there and this one doesn't. :)

+100 for hokiegir1 -. I didn't even pay attention to that myself! I attached the link above for the window vent.

Why would it show up on stats, but not TeslaFi? Don't they both constantly poll cars and check their software version?

@Stevewin - People are unlikely to subscribe to both services, so it's going to one subset of owners. Neither service touches on all owners.

Effopec | 26 september 2019

Stats app shows 32.10, but currently has 0.0% of people on that version. Hopefully the fact that it is there at all means it is starting to push.

@Effopec - interesting that it's showing 0.0%. One of the comments on the twitter feed said it was at 1.5% earlier.

Ah, 0% makes sense... If even 10 people had it on stats while zero had it on TeslaFi, there'd be a big problem. There's only a 0.09% chance of that happening by random chance, assuming a relatively equal distribution of users between the two. It would probably mean Tesla is actively avoiding sending updates to TeslaFi users for some reason or that there's a glitch in one of the apps. Sounds like maybe a stats glitch if it used to say 1.5% and now says 0%

40milecommuter | 26 september 2019

TeslaFi shows no one receiving this yet.

steevsteevsteev | 26 september 2019

The rollout is very recent. The twitter account that I cited posted his first tweets about the update only 5 hours ago. I think it's likely that either it hasn't gone to enough cars to register over 0.1% yet, or TeslaFi/Stats servers haven't refreshed the stats shown on their sites yet.

derotam | 26 september 2019

I guess it isn't much of a "rollout to all" yet then is it if there isn't a mass reporting of people getting it.

Another interesting consideration -- Stats App is iPhone/iPad only. I think you can use a web version, but most functionality is Apple-based. TeslaFi is broader on that -- since it's web-based only, there's no apple/android consideration. Given that the app update hasn't hit Google Play Store yet but *is* hitting media/users, I'm going to hazard a guess that they are apple users (could be wrong -- like I said, it's a guess), and it could be rolling out to them sooner given that there were some recent-ish reports of apple connectivity issues, so pushing out to fix those first.

All total speculation given current info and subject to change by the time I hit "save". ;)

jebinc | 26 september 2019

My money is on "Fake News," this time around. Perhaps it will come, "Next week!"

great points hokiegir1. Can anyone with an iPhone confirm getting the recent update to their app? Last android app update was Aug 22 for me.

Also not fake news, unless you consider Elon to be fake news. To be fair, sometimes he is, but I don't think this is one of those times.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1177235772857970688

Beat me to it!

LOL, @steev!

derotam | 26 september 2019

I wonder if EAP people will get it first, or will I...err umm THEY be stuck on the EAP version for a bit... The EAP version only came out 10 days ago so not much time to actually get and act on feedback before a public release.

Also @derotam, rollout beginning for all != everyone instantly has it

edseloh | 26 september 2019

My IOS app version updated to 3.10.0 today. The App Store says it was released yesterday.

@edseloh - Not mine. Would they really roll out the app piece meal as well? Seems tougher to do...

Oddly, it seems like iOS 13.1 is rolling out now as well.

teslamazing | 26 september 2019

Quick to jump the gun.

Anyway, can’t wait.

"I wonder if EAP people will get it first"

Steve Jobs Ghost is in EAP and he seems to be one of the first to report on the official release, so maybe.

Still nada being reported on TeslaFi...

"Would they really roll out the app piece meal as well?"

Not sure about Apple but that's generally how it works on Android. I don't think everyone sees the latest version at the same time initially to avoid overwhelming the servers/provide time for damage control if it turns out the new version breaks stuff. I'm just waiting for someone to post the Android APK so I don't have to wait my turn.

kevin_rf | 26 september 2019

I wonder if the delay is you have to be connected to wifi to get it and it's just to early in the day and it pushed out after most cars had gone to sleep for the night. I know my car will not have wifi access until this evening.

@steevsteevsteev - Makes sense. Ironically, my iPhone is currently updating to iOS 13.1, so we'll see what happens after that. Hopefully, the Echo Auto-Amazon BT issue is resolved as well.

@kevin_rf there is no delay, at least no delay other than the usual delay. There hasn't been a single Tesla update where everyone got the latest version on day 1. There are lots of reasons for this including:

- It's a staged rollout. In the past, rollouts have been halted because they were causing unforeseen bugs. Better to mess up a few peoples' cars than everyone's cars, especially with a big update like this.

- People without premium connectivity must use wifi to get updates, with the exceptions of security/safety/important updates. There seems to be a correlation between being on wifi regardless of connectivity package and getting the updates faster, but I don't think that's been confirmed.

- The update might not be ready for all vehicle configurations.

- Elon tweeted that this update is only rolling out for people with FSD right now. Non-FSD rollout starts next week.

As stated above. It’s being rolled out to all FSD purchasers in US only at this point. An important caveat for some.

And those that selected "Advanced" on the software screen...

vmulla | 26 september 2019

FSD upgrade is still priced at 3k.

Good point hokiegirl.

First one showed up on TeslaFi now!

Uhhgg. Every time someone mentions that I kick myself for buying it at 5k. Then I think about the facts that you can't buy mid ranges anymore and I got the full federal tax credit and I feel a little better.

Model S in Washington State. Come on down! You’re the next contestant on...

Pages