Forums

V10 crashing

V10 crashing

V10 has been repeatedly crashing on me, it happens when the car is parked and especially when it's charging both at home and at superchargers. It hasn't crashed while driving. Something went wrong during the install, I got an install failed message, a partial install must have occurred because the car was on V10 not V9. I did the original V10 install yesterday.

I just got another update tonight, it took four tries to install it, it crashed during the installs and I had to restart it each time. I wasn't able to install it from the app, had to do it in the car. It looked like it did partial installs on each attempt, according to the app it was at 10% after the first attempt, 60% after the second, 80% after the third and finally the software status in the car says it's up to date and running V10.

If you haven't upgraded to V10 yet I recommend that you wait a couple of weeks until the iron out the install problems.

teslamazing | 28 september 2019

Has anyone else had issues? I have not.

Otherwise no need to wait “couple weeks” lol just because one to a few have had issues “installing”

jjgunn | 28 september 2019

Stop & Unplug your TeslaCam USB drive.

Hold both scroll wheels until you see the Tesla "T' (30-45 seconds)

Wait 5 minutes for everything to return.

Let us know if that helps you.

jjgunn | 28 september 2019

FYI....I installed 2019.32.11 today after installing 2019.32.10.2 yesterday.

SteveWin1 | 29 september 2019

No problems with crashing for me.

SteveWin1 | 29 september 2019

No problems with crashing for me.

bjrosen | 29 september 2019

@jjgunn, I did several hard resets yesterday and it didn't help. I haven't tried removing the Sentry USB drive, I'll do that if the problem repeats itself today. I'm now on 2019.32.11 bac8c51 after last nights update, if that hasn't fixed the problem I'll try pulling the USB stick.

hokiegir1 | 29 september 2019

Are you trying to install with sentry active? That doesn't work...and if you have it set to automatically on, you can't turn it off from the app to start the update...it needs to be from the car itself.

bcmusik | 29 september 2019

I noticed that during the 32.11 install yesterday afternoon it took awhile went from 40% to 80% then back to 40%. But I was in no rush and just let it do it’s things and after maybe 20-25 minutes it completed successfully. When I went to the car My USB drive was frozen - had to unplug it and plug it back in and it worked fine.

bjrosen | 29 september 2019

@hokiegirl. Sentry Mode isn't enabled at home which is where I do my updates. There hasn't been any problems with the V9 updates, those always worked, it's the V10 update that failed.

teslamazing | 29 september 2019

Just hit up Tesla service?

Problem solved.

BobMk | 30 september 2019

Our X is bricked, initiated update this morning, two hours later the app said 1% installed. Four hours on now, garage smells of hot electronics and display says car needs update and "Contact Tesla service". Service hold time is 45 minutes...

BobMk | 30 september 2019

Tried reset, it did nothing but at 4.5 hour after initiating the install everything is back up and seems to work. Still concerned about the smell, will post if it turns out to be something.

Myles.perkins | 30 september 2019

If my Model 3 doesn't have DFS will I still get 10.0? It hasn't shown up yet

terminator9 | 30 september 2019

I don't know what DFS is but not everyone has the 10.0 update yet. Patience is the key.