Forums

Spotify question

Spotify question

Yes, I have received my update and I have premium interior/options. I am totally unfamiliar with spotify. When I push the spotify "button" it asks for an e-Mail (or equiv) and a password. I tried my Tesla account password and the same screen came back. The Spotify button is "lit" and pushing it shows some music stuff. Am I missing anything?

CharleyBC | 4 oktober 2019

You’re missing a Spotify account. The car is allowing you to connect to your existing Spotify account, assuming you have one.

hokiegir1 | 4 oktober 2019

You need a personal spotify premium account to log in.

jrzapata | 4 oktober 2019

Not just an account. A premium account

coselectric | 5 oktober 2019

FYI, Spotify Premium is $10/month with a 3 month free trial period. I'm trying it out, so far so good. Way better than Slacker.

roger23 | 5 oktober 2019

'Way better'? How so? I'm considering a subscription. Thanks.

BumblebeEV | 5 oktober 2019

I have had Spotify account for 6 years

Have multiple 250 songs playlists

Went premium 6 months 2 years ago and then downgraded because I didn’t mind the shuffle play, well I prefer that honestly and don’t mind the 1 min ad every 30 mins.

Guess I won’t be able to use it via my Model 3 and will continue with the Waze/Spotify interface on my iPhone

tri_t_to | 5 oktober 2019

Best value is the Spotify family plan. You get 6 premium accounts for $15/month. If you have AT&T wireless and have their premium unlimited plan, you can choose Spotify as a free premium service. Tesla does not switch Spotify accounts when you change driver profiles so if someone else is driving the car and using your account, you won’t be able to listen to your music. This is why my M3 has its own account.

wayne | 5 oktober 2019

I am finding that Spotify will not play in the car if LTE service is poor. It may take some time to connect switching from WiFi to LTE and back. Using Spotify on my cellphone via bluetooth is more consistent partly because I have downloaded songs to the phone. That said, I love having Spotify in the Tesla. I have not used Slacker.

andrewsjra | 5 oktober 2019

Yes I’ve noticed this too. Slacker works a little better in low bar LTE areas but Spotify won’t work unless it’s a strong signal. I’m sure this will all get better in future updates. Tesla should have tested this in the early releases. It came out as a surprise which was nice but too many issues to be ready for a public release.

I am guessing that there isn’t significant cache available for the Spotify app. Hopefully they will increase it in the near future.

Sufficient I mean

Sufficient I mean

andrewsjra | 5 oktober 2019

The loading has gotten worse for me in that I can barely use it. It constantly gets stuck on a loading screen. Even selecting something else and going back to Spotify rarely works. I’ll just be patient. I know they will fix this.

Blouis1024 | 2 december 2019

In my opinion for as much as I paid for my Model X it’s an insult that there is a selection that is taking up space on my screen that I cannot use if I don’t subscribe. Spotify should be free with an option to upgrade to the premium content just like the Tunein service.

mknewman | 3 december 2019

Slacker is fine for me. I had a trial Spotify a few years ago and upped it to Premium for a month and really didn't like it. Lots of choice but the Tesla app sucked. Froze up during play, would have to push buttons to get it going again. Hard to navigate while driving. Dropped it after a month.

I sure wish they had a SiriusXM app, I have a lifetime subscription and listen to Lithium almost all the time at work.

MSUKent | 4 december 2019

Is the software with Spotify in wide release? I just got my 3 two weeks ago and do not see Spotify as an option. When I click on software, it says I'm up to date.

Thanks,
Kent

804son | 4 december 2019

It often takes a while to get your first update.

MSUKent | 4 december 2019

Thanks, @804son.

Just_Ted | 4 december 2019

Roger23: Spotify > Slacker for several reasons:
1. about 4x the amount of songs = a deeper pool of music,
2. a lot of "eclectic" choices = a broader pool of music,
3. in my mind a better algorithm for suggestions for similar music to what you are listening to, and
4. good access through album/artist/genre

cka1971 | 4 december 2019

We have had a family account for a while. It does have a much broader catalog of stuff. The algorithm is great for finding new stuff and if you don't mind spending some time on your phone or laptop, you can create great playlists. Also, it has podcasts so I don't need a second app to play those or have to switch to playing them off my phone via BT.

yunqiyang130 | 9 januari 2020

You need to input a Spotify account. Now Spotify offers a 3-month premium trial. You can register a new account to get this benefit. During these 3 months, you can register an account of AudFree to use this [url=https://www.audfree.com/spotify-music-converter-win/]Spotify Song Downloader[/url], which can keep all Spotify tracks as local files even if the subscription expired.

yunqiyang130 | 9 januari 2020

You need to input a Spotify account. Now Spotify offers a 3-month premium trial. You can register a new account to get this benefit. During these 3 months, you can register an account of AudFree to use this Spotify Song Downloader (https://www.audfree.com/spotify-music-converter-win/), which can keep all Spotify tracks as local files even if the subscription expired.