Forums

Tesla Already Has Over 250,000 Cybertruck Reservations

Tesla Already Has Over 250,000 Cybertruck Reservations

Trucks are considerably more popular than sedans, at least in the US. So, one would assume that it would be easy to top the Model 3 pre-order number. However, being that the truck is so unique and polarizing, many people don't think it will sell well.

Nonetheless, according to several people who are tracking Cybertruck interest and reservations on Twitter, Tesla could already have over 200,000 deposits.

Clearly, none of this is scientific, but it's still neat to see how much buzz the Cybertruck generated. Hopefully, Tesla will give us some idea soon of how many deposits it has collected.

https://insideevs.com/news/383886/tesla-cybertruck-reservation-count/

CONFIRMED BY ELON MUSK: 200,000
(Reached Sunday 18:18 on 11/25/2019)

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1198788116372344832?s=21

SamO | 23 november 2019

200,000? No way.

sbeggs | 23 november 2019

@SamO,
Are you implying more?

SamO | 23 november 2019

Well the article came out yesterday so ....yes.

;-)

WW_spb | 23 november 2019

Come on another thread about Truck? It's bad enough we have to wait 2 years to get one.

howard | 23 november 2019

Why would Tesla make it a $100 refundable deposit? Sure maybe but they will evaporate over time. Probably all Tesla employees and fanatics have one on order at this point. Got to fuel the illusion for $100 no less. There will be a lot of established competition in the E truck market by the time this comes to production. What 3 - 4 years realistically?

ggodefroid | 23 november 2019

For a refundable $100, I'd order a Truck, Semi, Roadster, and Model Y each...

andy.connor.e | 23 november 2019

Anyone who can afford a Tesla vehicle can put down even $1000. I put down $1k for the Model 3 and cancelled. Any amount of money required for a reservation separates the serious people from the ones who would put a reservation in for free even though they have no intention of buying.

SamO | 23 november 2019

Howard,

Remember that other thread where you claimed you were a fanboi and we all laughed at you.

Lulz

SamO | 23 november 2019

Now the trolls arrive. The deposits don’t matter.

Lol.

raqball | 23 november 2019

SamO | November 23, 2019
Howard,

Remember that other thread where you claimed you were a fanboi and we all laughed at you.

Lulz
---------------
I have to ask... How old are you> I ask because you behave like you are 11...

SamO | 23 november 2019

I’m 77 years old. But the lulz keep me young.

200k times 100 = 20mil not bad .

gballant4570 | 23 november 2019

raqball, you've got no standing to say something like that. I've seen your posts.....

ggodefroid | 23 november 2019

I think I'll reserve one, 100 bucks...why not

SamO | 23 november 2019

@gballant,

I’m just teasing the resident Fish-enabler. Of course he has added nothing to these forums. Plus he’s been posting across the various Truck threads stating how ugly it is.

Sound like a Tesla supporter to you?

Bighorn | 23 november 2019

Did the RNC buy a bunch to make it look popular?

TeslaTap.com | 23 november 2019

Talking with quite a few people it seems to be about 50% love it and 50% hate it. Very few are in-between. Tesla will do very well if this holds. I doubt any other truck gets close to 50% love. Most consider a truck is a disposable appliance or needed for work. The Cybertruck completely changes this and moves it into the "I have to have it" category for a lot of people.

No reservation myself, as I have zero need for a truck, but I do like it. It feels far more like it can drive over any other truck. A lot going for it. In some markets, such as off-roading, it looks to be a top contender.

SamO, yes, I've seen how he is. He's got no standing to insult in my book. Hasn't earned the cred.

gballant4570 | November 23, 2019
raqball, you've got no standing to say something like that. I've seen your posts.....
------------
Then you should have no problem posting / quoting what you claim... I'll wait right here, have at it... I do push back on the kiddie clown gang, no doubt...

There simply ain't no Blade Runner Cybertruck available anywhere else.

SamO, yes, I've seen how he is. He's got no standing to insult in my book. Hasn't earned the cred.
-------------
Earned cred? What are you 11 as well? Good grief, the children are out of school today I guess...

-------------
Earned cred? What are you 11 as well? Good grief, the children are out of school today I guess...

raqball, sorry - I cannot see your posts any more. You're on your own. You finally made it.....

raqball, sorry - I cannot see your posts any more. You're on your own. You finally made it.....
-----------------
Make a BS claim then when called on it run away? Guess it could be lunchable time with a juice box on the east coast... :p

SamO | 23 november 2019

Law enforcement has arrived to patrol the thoughts and words of owners. No thin blue line here, chief.

@raqball

The children are out of school its the weekend.

@SamO

Theres nothing wrong with not liking a design. That doesnt mean @raqball doesnt support Tesla. Lots of people dont like how it looks but the functionality and specs are the cream of the crop here. Quite frankly, at least personally, if my vehicle has to be boxy with sharp corners like early 2000's gaming graphics so that my vehicle can last 100 years and never rust while improving over time via OTA software updates, then so be it. Im all in. When other people are buying new cars after 10 years, i can still drive this truck. I dont think its appropriate to compare visual opinion of the design with their support of the company.

Bully attacks kids again. Reported!

andy.connor.e | November 23, 2019
@SamO

Theres nothing wrong with not liking a design. That doesnt mean @raqball doesnt support Tesla.
---------------------
Agree....

I fully support Tesla and I hope they sell as many of them as they make. The look is growing on me but I am not a truck person and even if I were I still don't want the attention that look will bring. I assume everywhere it goes it going to attract a lot of attention and questions from others...

WhiteWi | November 23, 2019
Bully attacks kids again. Reported!
-----------------
Flag as inappropriate is useless.. If you truly want to report something then >>>> forums@tesla.com is your best bet..

Arent kids supposed to get their parents permission before going online?

Magic 8 Ball | 23 november 2019

There is nothing in the Tesla rules telling customers to complain about other customers. The bully agenda to make that a thing has been obvious for a long time.

Magic 8 Ball | November 23, 2019
There is nothing in the Tesla rules telling customers to complain about other customers. The bully agenda to make that a thing has been obvious for a long time.
---------------------
If someone is behaving like a ration and well adjusted adult then there have nothing to fear from moderation or the forum admin email... Oh and BTW, a fellow kiddie clown gang member brought up REPORTED.. I simply offered a better way to actually report abuse...

sbeggs | 23 november 2019

@SamO,
We don't really know if 200,000 is really the number unless Elon violates his SEC parole...

I figure at least a half a million in the first month.

teslamazing | 23 november 2019

Grab the lawyers.

"I simply offered a better way to actually report abuse..."

No you are trying to force Tesla to do things they are not really inclined to want to pay attention to. You are being a bully trying to purpose resources for thing the way YOU want them to be. A real jerk does that sort of thing.

Magic 8 Ball | November 23, 2019
A real jerk does that sort of thing.
-----------------------
Make inappropriate, crude and disgusting remarks to unknown female forum members? Yeah I completely agree!

And even worse... a female member he thought was underage at the time of the comments.... DISGUSTING

I am not trying to force Tesla to do anything, unlike the jerk that thinks he has some right to do that.

rob | 23 november 2019

I'll probably reserve one in the next day or so.
Love the truck, hate the lead time.

I bought my M3 on an impulse. BMW broke, placed order, got Tesla 6 days later. I know a lot of Tesla owners waited for quite a while from reservation to delivery.

rob, for me my Cybertruck (or my Model 3 for that matter) is just a bit too large a purchase to execute on impulse. Pre-ordering? Quite a different kettle of fish.... While the wait can be excruciating at times, I believe I'll need it. Got to make some adjustments to scrape $60k+ together.....

rob | 23 november 2019

@gballant4570
You're correct. Just ordered.
RN1129077**

I'll tell my wife (CPA) next year,,,

Can't wait!!

SamO | 23 november 2019

@sbeggs,

He can report number outside of trading hours. But I expect to hear something “soon”. ;-)

And yes . . . I know that word doesn’t mean what I think it means.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 23 november 2019

Jack Rickard loves the CYBRTRK for all thesame reasons I do. ;-D

EVTV on Tesla Cybertruck (1:43:14)
https://youtu.be/4qgO3A2pUr8

beaver | 23 november 2019

It’s at least 250k, see the other thread with RNs

SamO | 23 november 2019

What’s the over/under on 1M reservations in 30 days?

Nice. Took about 2 days to get the amount of reservations the Model 3 got by the end of the 2016 unveil.

Cant believe i reserved it. Going to be pretty sweet

andy.connor.e | November 23, 2019
Nice. Took about 2 days to get the amount of reservations the Model 3 got by the end of the 2016 unveil.

Cant believe i reserved it. Going to be pretty sweet
---------------------
I ordered as well as for $100 why not? it's 2+ years away so I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes as more details come out. I can always cancel and get the $100 back later....

Opted for dual motor version but I highly doubt the order will stay to actual delivery as I am not a truck person..

Have not put down any money yet. But probably will after I’m back home. No other truck can compete with this. Pickups are about specs and this embarrasses our top end one ton Ford except for the 8 foot box, but I can’t recall ever needing that extra 18 inches.

Pages