Forums

Window / door problem

Window / door problem

I have a 2017 Model S. The right rear door has one problem.
The window doesn't go up when the door is closed and the car doesn't see the door open ( when I open the door the MCU and indoor lighting doesn't turn on and in the dashboard the picture of the car shows the door closed.
Besides this the door handle and locking works normally.
The car is out of warranty, does any body know what this could be?
Regards
Pedro Abreu

Bighorn | 10 januari 2020

Sounds like a sensor. Did you try rebooting?

geral | 10 januari 2020

Done the reboot, do you know where is the sensor?

I'm not aware of the sensor situation. You might try calibrating the window position, Not positive, but I think it involves holding the up switch for a few seconds at the top of travel.

geral | 10 januari 2020

Already tried calibrating the window but it didn't work, I think its related to the door sensor.
Another thing I tried, I removed the lock cable on the other side of the car and when I remove it the door is assumed open but in the door with the problems i remove the lock cable and it says door closed. The locks are not interchangeable. I read somewhere that someone with similar issues bought a new lock and the problem remains. Can it be a cable problem?

Your guess is better than mine given your trials. Sensor seems implicated on two fronts in the OP.

geral | 16 januari 2020

Nobody had similiar issues?

geral | 16 januari 2020

Nobody had similiar issues?

GoldAK47 | 16 januari 2020

open the door, take a screwdriver and trigger the latch so it thinks its fully closed. (use your brain to figure out how the door would latch, mimic that with screwdriver or any metal bar, extension, etc.) This is the sensor. The window should roll up even though door is open. To release the latch just pull inside handle. its likely a broken wire, the wires in the doors are made of peanut brittle I feel pretty sure.

recce28 | 16 januari 2020

I have a new Model S. I find the doors won't unlock when I approach the car when the fob is in my pocket. I actually have to have it out and in my hand and pretty much be right next to the door for the unlock sequence to occur. Is there a way to adjust sensitivity just a bit?
Also, the doors don't open with the fob until I am almost next to the car. No more opening it from across the parking lot as I've been able to do with other cars. Again, sensitivity issues?

akikiki | 16 januari 2020

Years ago the fob unlocked the door for a distance more than 10-15 from the car. Didn't measure and thought it would always be that way, but it was likely even a greater distance than that.