Forums

Tire rubbing on wheel well

Tire rubbing on wheel well

Just picked up a used 2018 75D with 17000 miles. No accidents. I just noticed today the front passenger tire is rubbing the wheel well when turned. I’m running the older 19” 5 spoke wheels with 245/45R19 tires. I’ve seen some older posts about this issue on other models but not recently. Is this a known issue?

TeslaTap.com | 13 januari 2020

It's been a while since I've heard of one of these. I'd schedule a service appointment. If not damaged, it should be covered by the warranty.

jordanrichard | 13 januari 2020

To the best of my recollection, over the years there was never an issue with stock wheels rubbing. If stock wheels caused rubbing on one car, it would have caused it on every MS. I can see it happening if one went with a different size tire, but not stock.

TeslaTap.com | 13 januari 2020

I thought there was a minor problem in some 2012 era cars. It occurred when backing up and maximum wheel turn. I doubt this is the same issue as OP is having.

It may only be a plastic snap that is broken or missing and is a trivial repair. I'd let service deal with it.

tessnme | 13 januari 2020

I had this happen to my 2012 Model S. There was a know problem with the front linkage and Tesla replaced both sides with a more robust part.

trixiew | 13 januari 2020

Oh I had that but it was because I gently, lovingly, grazed a parking block and it dislodged the rubber skirt that covers the wheel well. Easy fix.

NKYTA | 13 januari 2020

I may well have it on full “left” with my 2012 w/21’s...but haven’t dived deep as yet.