Forums

1.8 million recalled, fuel pumps. gas is bad.

1.8 million recalled, fuel pumps. gas is bad.

I wonder what is going on with Toyota along with their push for hydrogen. Too bad as our old Prius(replaced with a Tesla M3) was revolutionary at the time.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/05/business/toyota-recall-fuel-pump-trnd/ind...

andy.connor.e | 5 maart 2020

Wow i was almost included in that recall

Mike83 | 5 maart 2020

The Walking Dead. Zombies may exist. But seriously kids inhaling gasoline fumes for a high show the damages caused by leaking fuel and breathing it constantly. Math skill problems, liver damages, etc.

" abuse can result in permanent brain damage and widespread destruction of organs such as the heart and lungs. Extended periods of abuse can cause:

Personality changes
Learning disabilities
Memory loss
Slurred speech
Difficulties with balance and coordination
Vision problems
Nerve damage causing numbness or paralysis in the arms or legs
Hearing loss
Liver damage
Lung damage
Reduced muscle tone
Damage to bone marrow
Although problems may not be immediately apparent, some users have noticed a change in their mental abilities after using inhalants; one teen, for example, reported he had difficulty doing math problems that used to be simple for him. "At first, when you do it you feel really strong. You feel like the man," a teenage user told a San Francisco Examiner reporter. "But then you start feeling stupid, like a zombie.""

https://consumer.healthday.com/encyclopedia/substance-abuse-38/drug-abus...

jimglas | 5 maart 2020

"Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop huffing gasoline"

rxlawdude | 5 maart 2020

And I think back to my days as a kid working in my dad's scrap metal and trucking business. He used gasoline as a cleaning solvent. My complaints that gasoline was dangerous (and it had LEAD back then!) fell on deaf ears.
So far, I'm not suffering from anything on the list, but that tingling feeling that your skin gets after contact with gasoline should be a warning that this stuff is not good for life forms.

Uncle Paul | 5 maart 2020

Why have we not seen headlines...MY NEW TOYOTA HAS BEEN BRICKED DUE TO A FAILED FUEL PUMP!

Gasoline also easily permeates skin as a liquid and lungs as a vapor. Stuff is toxic as Hell.

Gasoline also easily permeates skin as a liquid and lungs as a vapor. Stuff is toxic as Hell.