Forums

Model 3 in the wild (with video)...

Model 3 in the wild (with video)...

PhillyGal | 10 maart 2017

Woohoo!

It looks great, esp from the back.

KP in NPT | 10 maart 2017

Is it a new car or one of the prototypes we've seen? I can't tell...

3dwin | 10 maart 2017

Interior looks to be not redesigned. You can see screen popping out. Which I expect to look more integrated in dash when interior is shown.

Carl Thompson | 10 maart 2017

That's one of the old ones. The trunk opening and front end are identical and look at the tread wear on the tires. You wouldn't put used up old tires on a brand new prototype!

Carl

Hard to tell but I don't see anything new or unusual about the steering wheel either. Definitely think this is an old one.

Carl

alphacompton | 10 maart 2017

Even if it's the old one , it's still a beautiful sight in my opinion(#over dramatic).
I really do like how it looks, I look forward to seeing the final improved design.

rrobin36 | 10 maart 2017

The SUV following behind it has a '51' sticker on it. That's the name for the team that are putting the Model 3 together.

Red Sage ca us | 10 maart 2017

It is a beautiful sight to behold.

mntlvr23 | 10 maart 2017

@rrobin36 - good eye.

I think it is odd that they would still have the "Model 3" license plate on it - not very sneaky. Though as much as the Area 51 SUV rode its bumper, I guess that not many people would see the license plate.

@mntlvr23

I don't think they were trying to be sneaky. Problem some employee won an internal company contest and got to drive one of the old prototypes for the day / week / whatever.

Carl

@Carl the person who posted the video said the prototype was doing loops around SpaceX, and speculated it was some sort of testing. Possible they outfitted the reveal prototype with something they were checking out.....

But I agree...not necessarily sneaky. :)

mntlvr23 | 10 maart 2017

@KP - "Possible they outfitted the reveal prototype with something they were checking out....."
One thing for certain, it wasn't outfitted to test out the optional tow hitch .... yet

Badbot | 11 maart 2017

It was fitted with something new....
A T sticker on the hood. look close it is just a bit darker than the paint.
It was trolling for photographers and caught a big one.

john | 11 maart 2017

The T sticker showed up at the solar roof reveal, along with the newer steering wheel with buttons.

rajalucy | 11 maart 2017

new video is out but cant post spam alert

rajalucy | 11 maart 2017

v=yH7oBcRwymY youtube

Haggy | 11 maart 2017

I'm pretty sure the Model 3 license plate was on the prototype too so it's the same car.

carlk | 13 maart 2017

A longer version of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH7oBcRwymY

andy.connor.e | 13 maart 2017

im pretty sure Tesla is not letting anyone know what it looks like until its ready for production.

carlk | 13 maart 2017

There will at most probably some new front and rear treatments but those little things do alter the car's look significantly.