Forums

Radio Controlled Model 3 hits the streets!

Radio Controlled Model 3 hits the streets!

Just wanted to share the post (with pics!) I put on the TMC forum about the RC Model 3 I just built: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/my-rc-model-3-hits-the-road.8965... It's my first attempt at making an RC car body so it's not as detailed as the factory body's but I think I did pretty good at getting the profile and lines right. What do you guys think??

EDIT: 08-May-17, I just uploaded some new pics taken at the Vacaville Nut Tree mall Supercharger site. Enjoy!

Red Sage ca us | 23 april 2017

A nice try. No pictures of the 'skateboard'...?

Rutrow | 23 april 2017

Will the anodized hood hold down hair pin be standard? or is that in an option package?!?

BigBird271 | 23 april 2017

I do have pics of the "Skateboard" but the file size is to big for the web site so I'm going to re shoot those pics and post them when I get a chance.

The blue hood pins with retaining lanyards are an upgrade, standard are just chrome :-)

Ross1 | 23 april 2017

I think 'fantastic'.
That was a plasticene plug?
And what did you learn about vacuum forming?

BigBird271 | 24 april 2017

I made the plug (mold) mostly out of balsa wood carved to shape than covered with Bondo body filler. Everything I needed to know I learned on YouTube! Lol!

BigBird271 | 24 april 2017

FYI I just added a few more pics including some of the "skateboard" and a few taken at the Walnut Creek gallery over the weekend to the TMC forum, Enjoy!

bmalloy0 | 24 april 2017

I knew the Model 3 was going to be smaller than the Model S, but this is ridiculous!

Elizabets07 | 24 april 2017

Beautiful, Bigbird!

BigBird271 | 9 mei 2017

Added some more pics at a local supercharger yesterday at the link above. Enjoy!

BigBird271 | 9 mei 2017

Added some more pics at a local supercharger yesterday at the link above. Enjoy!