Forums

WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS CRAZY (amazing) COMPANY???

WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS CRAZY (amazing) COMPANY???

I bought a 100D and was expecting to only have 400kwh of free charging. And now they pull this free forever fast one on me
I mean what should I do? Return the vehicle? The darn thing just increased in value over night..... I mean wtf....

Ohh wait, roll's are reversed for all the 60 owners or autopilot ver1. Or anyone that complains about there car being obsolete or losing value over night without warning.

lilbean | 20 mei 2017

Oh the horror! :)

spatters805 | 20 mei 2017

Unless you bought a MS75 or 75D before Jan 15 and took delivery before April Fool's Day.

1. Loss of value in your car as the prices dropped and features you paid for got included for free... $7500

2. Drop in Alliant rates by 0.5% - Variable but will cost

3. Now adding supercharging for life to practically everyone, feeling like you just got kicked in the nuttsack by an NFL punter wearing steel-toed boots, but still loving every minute you drive your car...Priceless!!!

Strap on your seat belts folks!! The ride is getting wilder!

acegreat1 | 20 mei 2017

Btw, I didn't buy a 100D.... yet. I'm still with my little 70D. I used the 100 for effect

Jazzy B | 20 mei 2017

The people who had unlimited free supercharging prior to yesterday's announcement are able to have it transferred with the car. Anyone who got it thru the announcement yesterday is only valid with current owner and non-transferrable.

hoffmannjames | 20 mei 2017

I love Tesla but I have to admit that they are a weird company. You never know what you are going to get. One day, it's announcing that new cars will have HW2 allowing self-driving at some point, then it's announcing that they are stopping free supercharging or ending the "60" model but dropping prices on the 75 without telling us. Now they announce that free supercharging is back. Tomorrow, it could be new 2170 batteries with amazing new range or a big update to FSD. You just never know! :)

TeslaTap.com | 20 mei 2017

It's all in the plan to totally confuse future competitors! Seems like it is working quite well :)

croman | 20 mei 2017

I'm happy to know any future S or X I buy will also have what I have with my current car. Any future owner of my current car will get free supercharging on that car. Easy to envision getting an X down the line and continuing to road trip for free.

akikiki | 20 mei 2017

Weird, exciting and merely wonderful.

stevenmaifert | 20 mei 2017

Interesting how Tesla can take away a long standing perk, and everybody gets giddy when they give it back: https://electrek.co/2017/05/20/tesla-free-unlimited-supercharging/amp/

AlMc | 20 mei 2017

It is a great thing for owners/potential owners. From a stockholder's stand point it is clear Tesla is pulling a demand lever for the rest of 2017 for the S and X. Does that mean they are experiencing a demand (Osbourning) issue because of the imminent launch of the '3'?

I can not answer that, but it does give one pause as to the Short Term SP of TSLA.

Tropopause | 20 mei 2017

We should insist that Tesla uphold their contractual obligation and only give 400 kW free/year! I, for one, will be sending Tesla a payment for that Supercharger energy I consume above and beyond 400 kW. A deal is a deal, Tesla! You should have forewarned us consumers so we could have made an educated purchase. I'm going back to Mercedes. At least they won't try to sneak in free gasoline after the fact!

Ross1 | 20 mei 2017

But the stock went down, $310.
BUY.
Monday is another day.

Ross1 | 20 mei 2017

https://electrek.co/2017/05/20/tesla-new-supercharger-model-s-model-x/

The free SC goes with the person now, not the car, so I think, @Croman, that you are not correct, perhaps the reverse.
New cars just became more 'profitable', second hand less so. I think.

Bighorn | 20 mei 2017

@Ross
Your second hand car keeps its free supercharging for the new owner.

Ross1 | 20 mei 2017

until Jan 15 2017, when it changes from the vehicle stream to the owner..

croman | 20 mei 2017

I'm right. My car is FUSC and so am I for any X or S I buy. Any future car won't be FUSC for any future buyer but will be as long as I own it.

stevenmaifert | 20 mei 2017

It goes with the person when they buy a new MS/X and the car when they sell the one they currently own. The verbiage on our "My Tesla" page is clear about that. No dates attached.

WSE51 | 20 mei 2017

I bought a Model S in December 2015 and MyTesla page says (as it always has):

You have free, unlimited Supercharging, including your current Tesla and any new Model S or Model X you purchase. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will transfer to the next owner.

I also bought a 100D Model X delivered in late March,which at the time did not have unlimited free Supercharging, and the MyTesla page now says (caps added by me):

You have free, unlimited Supercharging, including your current Tesla and any new Model S or Model X you purchase. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging WILL NOT transfer to the next owner.

This echoes what JazzyB posted above. I consider this an unexpected gift from Tesla.

kevin | 20 mei 2017

I'm still upset that my car missed the rear seat cup holders by 3 days.

kevin | 20 mei 2017

The lack of free supercharging is a disincentive for a current Tesla owner to buy a new one. They fixed the problem. It's a win-win move.

Boonedocks | 20 mei 2017

@stevenmaifert. It is pretty clear on "My Tesla" page. If you choose to sell your car It does NOT go with the car...

"You have free, unlimited Supercharging, including your current Tesla and any new Model S or Model X you purchase. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will not transfer to the next owner. Also, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging. Any Supercharging payments made have been automatically refunded. Read our Supercharging terms"

croman | 20 mei 2017

It will transfer if you got delivery before 1/15.

acegreat1 | 20 mei 2017

Yup

chrsvarma | 20 mei 2017

I paid 5000$ more on my modelS 75KW before all this chaos from Tesla. Any idea how can I fight with them?

acegreat1 | 20 mei 2017

Chrs, you can start by not doing this

chrsvarma | 20 mei 2017

@acegreat1 I did not get what you said. can you elaborate more on my concern?

SO | 20 mei 2017

People who had free supercharging before this announcement, can have the free supercharging follow the car when sold. (Which gives a higher resale value to the car.). Any new Model S/X that I may purchase and later sell, the free supercharging I can get does NOT follow the car.

I think this is very fair. It gives people like me a sense of extra worth for my car since I purchased before Jan 15, 2017 cutoff (otherwise I would have waited to purchase the 100D) while also giving me an incentive to someday buy a new one.

This is a very good plan. Way to go Tesla!

SO | 20 mei 2017

@chrsvarma - when you purchased, you received exactly what you agreed to. Same with me. I could have waited another month and get a 100D for just 3k more and not get the supercharging follow the car, but I didn't. I bought when I did and that's on me. No different than ANYTHING else you purchase.

Ross1 | 21 mei 2017

The policy is extremely Solomonic

jkilch | 21 mei 2017

Genius ! Without a plan any road will take you there!

Ross1 | 21 mei 2017

Why didnt I think of it?

stevenmaifert | 22 mei 2017

@Boonedocks - I took delivery in 2012. The verbiage on my "My Tesla" page reads thus:

Supercharging

You have free, unlimited Supercharging, including your current Tesla and any new Model S or Model X you purchase. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging WILL transfer to the next owner. In addition, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging.

croman | 22 mei 2017

Anyone who bought under original FUSC has both personal FUSC and their car will always have it (increases resale). If you got FUSC as a result of Tesla's amnesty, only you have it and your car will have it only as long as you own it (and its an S or X, not a 3 or Y or semi or truck or whatever else).