Forums

Issues with online store

Issues with online store

I ordered a car cover for my model 3 20 days ago and I haven't heard anything from them. They sure charged my card the same day I ordered it.
Calling the 1800 number is useless since they can't transfer you to the online store to talk tp someone.

Did anyone encounter similar problems? If yes how did you resolve it?

ddrmadness | 29 maart 2018

I've not encountered any problems myself, but in another thread about people ordering the wheel cap kit for the model 3, some people mentioned it just showing up on their door step one day with no notification from Tesla, UPS/FedEx, or anyone.

trinetusainc | 29 maart 2018

Does anyone know when the Wheel cap kit for Model 3 will be in stock again?

noli4b | 3 juli 2019

I ordered a Touch Up Paint for my Tesla M3 and it's been over a month. To date, I have yet to receive the item. I ordered above-mentioned item June 2, 2019. I already contacted Tesla Online Store via email NUMEROUS times and all I got was a generic reply email. I keep checking FedEx but all it shows was that a Label has been generated and it seems like Tesla did not forwarded the item to FedEx. I tried all the 800 and 877 numbers of Tesla but I cannot get hold and cannot be transferred to their online store. I am now i the process of disputing the charges to my CC company. THOSE PEOPLE FROM TESLA ONLINE STORE DOESN'T CARE TO ANY OF THEIR CUSTOMERS...

jimglas | 3 juli 2019

I see we have a new FUDster, noli4b
Must be reacting to the report on car deliveries

jimglas | 3 juli 2019

I see we have a new FUDster, noli4b
Must be reacting to the report on car deliveries

lbowroom | 3 juli 2019

Not necessarily. All retail sales outfits screw up. I'm sure Amazon has thousands of screw-ups every day. Her order may be screwed up and lost.

jimglas | 3 juli 2019

posted similar stuff on several threads

noli4b | 3 juli 2019

All I need is for them to tell me or email me (not generic one) on what happened to my order. I ordered 3 items on that same day. 2 of those orders came in in a week. and the 3rd one was never delivered. as of this writing, FedEx website still states that shipment information had been received by FedEx and that a shipping label has been generated. However, that info from FedEx has been posted on that same day that I ordered.