What we know:
1. Reservations may still be made for $5,000 (refundable). If one reserves now, expect to be able to order sometime in 2016.
2. The MX will be built on the Model S frame, sharing the same battery pack structure. The body will be higher than the MS and a few inches longer.
3. The MX will have Falcon Wing rear doors.
4. The MX will have three rows of seats. The third row will initially be optional unless there is a change at Tesla. The second and third rows of seats will fold flat.
5. The MX will not have a panoramic roof.
6. The MX will use side view mirrors like the Model S.
7. The MX will have two drive units, front and rear
8. With comparable drive units and battery packs to the MS the MX will have less rated range than the MS
9. Initial software will at least be a version of 6.2.
10. There will be an optional towing hitch.
What will probably be true based on anecdotal evidence.
1. base price of the MX will be less than 10% more than a comparably equipped MS.
2. height of the MX with FW doors open will be about 85 inches.
3. initial battery pack offerings will be 70 and 85 kWh shared with the MS.
4. three versions: 70D, 85D, and P85D, sharing MS drive units.
5. weight of the MX will be a little more than 5,000 pounds, about 200 pounds more than the MS
6. rated range of the MX 70 will be slightly over 200 miles. The 85 will go about 240 miles. The P85 a little less than the 85.
7. The brakes, touchscreen control center, instrument cluster display, steering wheel and associated controls, door handles, battery management and charging equipment, frunk mechanism, sun visors, foot pedals, autopilot hardware and front seats will likely be shared with the MS.
8. Software will likely be a version of 7.0.
9. some sort of pass through arrangement for skis inside the passenger compartment.
10. FW doors will have remote controlled operation and programmable height adjustment.
11. There will be cupholders for the second and third row seats. Seats will accommodate standard child seats.
12. First deliveries in July or August 2015 for signature reservations in CA. Big party.
13. Performance Model: 0-60 in 3.5 seconds
14. Colors will be same as for MS.
15. Safety ratings will be high but maybe a little worse than the MS for side impact because of the FW doors
1. second row seats will probably slide forward when folded flat to ease third row entry.
2. no rear window wiper or washer.
3. sun visors will likely include lighted vanity mirrors.
4. standard storage bin between the driver and front seat passenger positions.
5. second row of seats will have adjustable reclining backs and a fold down center arm rest.
6. independent climate control for the rear passenger compartments.
7. provision for an optional spare tire and jack, possibly requiring removal of the third row of seats.
8. some sort of "Rube Goldberg" roof rack option.
9. improved or augmented autopilot hardware peripherals (rear facing radar, longer range sonar and the like.)
10 an option for full time, programmable surround video cameras with wireless access.