Forums

Tesla X Shifting to park on it's own

Tesla X Shifting to park on it's own

Has anyone else had their X auto-shift to park and throw an alert warning without actually manually pressing the park button? Have experienced this 4 times now since last update (waiting on latest update to install tonight) but only happens at stop lights/signs when already nearly at a complete stop, luckily.

lilbean | 08. kan 2018

If you lift your bottom while unbuckled, the car will shift to park.

ryan.t.king | 08. kan 2018

I was still buckled in and only touching the steering wheel each time this occurred. There were no warnings for seatbelts being unbuckled at these times either.

Rocky_H | 08. kan 2018

Use the site www.volkerize.com to search this forum. It has been discussed many times before. It's a safety feature.

Rocky_H | 08. kan 2018

Didn't see your last comment there before I posted. Normally people aren't buckled in when they complain of this. So you were buckled in and your door closed?
If so, that shouldn't really happen. In those cases, I've heard of a few times where there is a faulty sensor of either the seat belt or seat weight sensor, where it doesn't think you're sitting down or doesn't think your belt is buckled.

ryan.t.king | 08. kan 2018

I was buckled in and had already been driving for over 40 minutes so all doors were shut and locked. I was the only person in the car every time so it wasn't an issue of someone else unbuckling or trying to open a door.

burdogg | 08. kan 2018

ryan.t.king - I am with Rocky_H - I think there is something wrong with a sensor - as this has only been mentioned happening in dealing with no seatbelt on and lifting rear end off the seat. I would contact Tesla about it to have them check into it.