Forums

2018.24 is out

2018.24 is out

2018.24 is out along with a new version of the iOS and Android app to take advantage of a few new changes.

https://electrek.co/2018/06/20/tesla-remotely-limit-speed-mobile-app-upd...

No indication of changes to the AP steering / nag / performance as of yet.

EVRider | 21. juni 2018

And no mention of that feature that was supposed to allow us to request firmware updates...

jwhite16 | 21. juni 2018

The new 2918.24 is awesome!!! Nag is now set to 5 sec and requires twice the resistance to assure all Tesla drivers have to play tug-o-war to keep Autopilot engaged. What will Tesla think of next!! /s

sr.smr | 21. juni 2018

I understood the new firmware was primarily a speed limit setting. I did not read anything about the changes you mention jwhite16. And what so great about a 5 sec nag and the need for more resistance? Soon it will be more convenient to drive without AP/TACC.

1jetskier7 | 21. juni 2018

Tesla's new definition for ADAS - Advanced Driver Annoyance System

jwhite16 | 21. juni 2018

@sr.smr. It's already more convenient to drive without Autopilot on as of the last update.

rxlawdude | 21. juni 2018

@sr, methinks @jwhite was being a bit sarcastic.

TranzNDance | 21. juni 2018

@sr.smr.: note the /s after "What will Tesla think of next!!": https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=%2Fs

PatientFool | 21. juni 2018

that is indeed what a /s means..

Spectre | 21. juni 2018

anyone got a chance to see if they fixed the browser issue?

bill | 21. juni 2018

I thought it meant to search subdirectories as well.

jjs | 21. juni 2018

I think this is a very useful post./s

jjs | 21. juni 2018

Oops, I forgot that the original post was useful. Thank you boonedocks.
The rest of the posts just made it better./s

jjs | 21. juni 2018

Grasshopper mode. :) I (and many others) asked for this 5 years ago. Makes me smile that they continue to improve things.

neofelis | 21. juni 2018

I learn learn so much from these little talks. -/s <--- That's my new lingo for "no sarcasm"

Us middle aged men are soooo hip. -/s

neofelis | 21. juni 2018

WE middle aged men. (My 16yo daughter loves to correct my grammar.)

Mi75d | 21. juni 2018

@jwhite16 - I heard that you now must lean forward and bite the wheel every 15 seconds! How do these rumors get started?

jjs | 21. juni 2018

@Mi75D. That is not the Model S. It is for the new Tesla model SM.

jjs | 21. juni 2018

..grr. not FOR the Model S

redacted | 21. juni 2018

At times, the whining noise around here becomes abrasive.

rxlawdude | 21. juni 2018

@redacted, nothing a drive unit replacement won't fix. :-)

Mchenry7 | 22. juni 2018

2018.24 is not out

EVRider | 22. juni 2018

@Mchenry7: Says who? 2018.24 is shown on the Tesla firmware site: https://ev-fw.com/reports.php

jordanrichard | 22. juni 2018

So I am a bit confused by the article. It's an update for the mobile app, yet towards the end of the article they say that they confirmed it, that it has to be enabled from the car..... then what's the point to giving the ability to your phone? Unless they meant to say that they confirmed it that the car has to be in Park to enable the speed restriction.

EVRider | 22. juni 2018

@jordanrichard: I agree. They seemed to say you can’t actually do it from the app. I have the latest version of the app (3.4.1) but not the latest firmware, and there’s no sign of the new feature in the app. I would it expect it to be there but disabled, though maybe it would be hidden without the right firmware.

TranzNDance | 22. juni 2018

Tesla has omitted features in the app if the firmware didn't support it, like roof venting.

EVRider | 22. juni 2018

@TranzNDance: Not sure the roof venting example is relevant, since that’s a configuration dependency, not firmware. But now that I think of it, when both the firmware and app were changed recently to support remote opening of the trunk and frunk, I don’t think the app displayed those controls unless you had the corresponding firmware.

sr.smr | 23. juni 2018

sorry @jwhite16, I need to get more hip and learn what all the qualifiers mean

bill | 23. juni 2018

@redacted

bill | 23. juni 2018

@redacted

bill | 23. juni 2018

@redacted

bill | 23. juni 2018

@redacted
"At times, the whining noise around here becomes abrasive."

Especially when it is about whining.

TranzNDance | 23. juni 2018

@EVRider, a few releases ago, the app didn't show the venting button even though the car has the configuration. I don't know if the reason is the same, but the point is that not all buttons appear, and it's programmable by Tesla.

Boonedocks | 23. juni 2018

The updated iOS app says “Note: Requiress Vehicle software version 2018.24 or higher”

Pertaining some of the be app features.

I don’t have 2018.24 but @Mcjenry7 it is out