Forums

tesla rally

tesla rally

Tesla Rally
Submitted by mrporter6 on June 21, 2018
To say I am proud to have purchased a MS three years ago and put on 100000 in the past 3 years is really an understatement. At 77 I have owned lots of cars to include Mercedes and Porsche and have never driven a car that gives me as great a pleasure as this car. It really bothers me how people get involved in just the negative and can not look at any of the positives. Anytime there is a fire they go wild but do not mention that this is just one when there are hundreds everyday in the USA alone. In Seattle recently a MS with a family in the car was struck from the rear and spun around several times and the car is just about destroyed and no one was injured and yet this did not even make any of the local news stations.

What Elon Musk has been able to accomplish in the past 10 years with Spacex and Tesla is just slightly short of amazing. The Spacex program alone is just a remarkable feat. I can not watch enough of these as they blast off and in less than 10 minutes the first stage comes back and lands on a postage stamp landing zone. As a retired Airline pilot I can testify to the fact that it would have taken me 10 minutes to return to the runway I took off from if i lost an engine on Take off. This feat is just remarkable. But to top it off Elon goes out and creates a car company. Not just any car company but one that uses a completely new technology . He is now is the final days of making this a viable operation by turning out 5000 per week. Again a whole lot of people are not praising him for the 100% effort he is putting into this project but instead are doing what they can to SABOTAGE this effort.

Having said all this I think it is time that we find a way to thank Elon for giving us something that we truly love. I would like to propose that on 1 July all Tesla owners come together to show the world that there are a lot of us out there and that we really think we drive the best car in the world. I think the place for this rally is every Supercharger in the World. On 1 July I would like to see all Tesla owners come out and meet up at the SC of there choice . Instead of using the normal negative press to publicize, we could use Facebook to post photos and stories of the day. I think this would be a great way to show Elon and the whole Tesla team how much we really appreciate what they have provided for us to have fun with.

My real issue is I do not know how to get this started as I am not a real Facebook guy however I do know that there is a way to make this happen real fast and Im confident that there is several Tesla owners out there with the know how.

Finally, the reason I picked 1 July is that is the day after Tesla will announce that they hit the 5000 M3 production mark and I think it is time to celebrate.

TesMD | 21. juni 2018

Bump.

RV8Driver | 21. juni 2018

Great Idea!

neofelis | 21. juni 2018

Awesome. I'll be there!

Mike83 | 21. juni 2018

cool

Tropopause | 22. juni 2018

I'll be at my local SC on July 1. Thanks, OP!

Anthony J. Parisio | 22. juni 2018

GREAT IDEAL! July one 10:00 AM. Bring food and drink to share. Lets make this a global picnic! Take pictures, videos and post the love on All Social media you use. Post now to let everyone know it's coming. Try to pleasantly surprise travels looking for a charge with fun and food!

nipper2 | 22. juni 2018

Should name the SC you are going to

Silver2K | 22. juni 2018

I'm in.

Syracuse SC 10 am.

Silver2K | 22. juni 2018

Take your Corp jackets!

nipper2 | 22. juni 2018

Cherry Hill NJ

Silver2K | 22. juni 2018

Look out for J.T if you're at your local SC and plugged in :)

Half Dollar Bill | 22. juni 2018

The vehicle production numbers for the quarter are usually released 2 to 3 days after the end of the quarter, so in this instance it'll probably be July 2nd or 3rd.
That said, I still think it's a great idea. For me, I'll see where "local" winds up being.

Shesmyne2 | 22. juni 2018

I love the idea but want to add a reminder.
July 1 is the beginning of July 4 week so SCs may be busy with actual travelers and we wouldn't want to impede that. BUT..
We could just show up and not plug in. Just a mass of Owners meeting up to congratulate each other for being part of a wonderful community.
We should pick one time across the country. Say 10am no matter where you are.

Fun idea!
Still Grinning ;-)

Half Dollar Bill | 22. juni 2018

@mrporter6
Are you a TMC member and do you want anyone to post the idea over on that forum?

And just to clarify my earlier post, I wasn't suggesting delaying the meetup until either the 2nd or 3rd. I like the 1st and think a weekend would be more convenient for folks. Only noting that production numbers for the quarter probably wouldn't be available yet.

I didn't get a corp jacket. I still have my Fritos Snackers jacket.

sentabo | 22. juni 2018

Great idea. My local charger is San Mateo, and I'm not sure where a large fleet of Teslas would be able to congregate without impeding chargers and local shoppers in the parking lot. Bring it on, though!

Silver2K | 22. juni 2018

Fritos is good!
Bring snacks!

Silver2K | 22. juni 2018

If I go to my local SC, will I see trop there?

Mathew98 | 22. juni 2018

@Silver - @JT can't be at 8 different "local" SC all at once. Take your chances buddy.

sentabo | 22. juni 2018

In case I make it to the San Mateo SC: My MS is black with the license plate (back only) THE ECKO. Feel free to introduce yourself. It would be great to meet some fellow forum members.

Silver,

Would be fun to meet. It seems everytime I'm on the East Coast I'm without my Tesla.

Mathew98 | 22. juni 2018

@Tropopause - I'm much closer than @Silver and a bit closer than @JT.

Just saying...

Silver2K | 22. juni 2018

Nonsense!

Hell yeah Trop!

I'll press my shorts!

Shesmyne2 | 22. juni 2018

@sentabo
SM was my thought as well.
My 2nd thought was the 'Under Construction' San Carlos one.
We wouldn't impede travelers and there's far more area to congregate.

Anybody else on the Bay Area Peninsula care to chime in?

What about the idea of same time no matter where you are?

Still Grinning ;-)

Anthony J. Parisio | 23. juni 2018

nipper2,
Is there a supercharger in Cherry Hill, NJ?

bill | 23. juni 2018

How about July 4?

Independence from Gas day!

Independence from foreign made cars! (US only)

Independence from conventional car manufacturers!

Bighorn | 23. juni 2018

I'll be somewhere in Canada I think. Has absolutely nothing to do with any recent changes in the law.

mrporter6 | 23. juni 2018

In the state of Washington there is a huge SC location in Aberdeen . It only has 8 SC but has a huge footprint. It would be a great location for a lot of cars to meet . There is a real good clam chowder resteraunt just a short walk away. This could be a part of a trip around the Olympics as there is another SC in Sequim.

I will be in Aberdeen at 10 AM. Let’s make this huge

How can we get this word out to all Tesla owners? Is there away to use social media? Finally I think 10 AM at you SC of choice is a good idea. We will never satisfy all but I think 1 July 10 is a great goal to thank Elon and celebrate freedom from GAS

Wilber | 23. juni 2018

Sentabo and Shesmyne2 - I'm in Marin, but might swing by the San Mateo supercharger. BUT, there are two locations in San Mateo - 1. right near 101 with 8 stalls, 2. right near 92 with 12 stalls. Which one do you mean?

jjgunn | 23. juni 2018

@Wilber
2. right near 92 with 12 stalls.
--------
I think that's actually considered Foster City (Target parking lot right?) but SM county

Shesmyne2 | 23. juni 2018

jjgunn, Wilbur

No. I believe the one sentabo and I were talking about is the 1st San Mateo off 101 by Whole Foods.

If Bay Area locals agree we could meet @ 10am at one of the following:
As mentioned above, 1st SM by Whole Foods
Back of Target which is technically Foster City
Under construction sight at Best Buy in San Carlos.

Votes?

Still Grinning ;-)

I think this could really be great but am at a lost how to spread the word. It would be great if we could get Elon at one SC.

Can someone put this on Model 3 thread?
I can't seem to post new...

Thanks
Still Grinning ;-)

It is posted there now

melburstein | 23. juni 2018

Like the OP, I too am 77 and love my Model S more than any car that I have ever owned--even if it cost 3X as much as any one of the others. I will be going to the Supercharger in Santa Ana, CA on July 1.

melburstein | 23. juni 2018

Like the OP, I too am 77 and love my Model S more than any car that I have ever owned--even if it cost 3X as much as any one of the others. I will be going to the Supercharger in Santa Ana, CA on July 1.

Wilber | 23. juni 2018

Let me suggest we change the date. July 1 is close to July 4, so many people will take off the 2d and 3d (or more) and be out of town. So, we will lose alot of potential attendees for that reason. Secondly, we wont have much Q2 info by July 1. (Just some guesses and speculation from various sources...) The quarterly telecons always happen a little over a month AFTER the end of the quarter on a Wednesday. The Q2 2018 earnings call is not yet scheduled, but, i suspect it will be Wednesday August 1. Having a meetup within a few days after that (Saturday the 4th or Sunday the 5th) would be a good time to meet and have something to talk about. Gives us more time to publicize it too!

Thanks mrporter6!

Still Grinning ;-)

NKYTA | 23. juni 2018

San Mateo I is by Whole Foods, pretty crowded parking lot.
San Mateo II Bridgepoint is on the side of the Target, more space.
San Carlos “site” under construction is in the Best Buy parking lot. Plenty of space, and we wouldn’t hinder travelers. Electricians might be working on Saturday the 1st, so we could Monday Morning Quarterback them. :-)

@sentabo, would love to meet up. Silly that we haven’t already, being so close...but who charges locally. ;-)

Maybe we could get TeslaTap to head up the agonizing 15 miles from Mountain View too. :-)

Great idea mporter!

I thin the meetup at the Sheridan, WY SC won’t even have one, if the Bighorn is on the road...

NKYTA | 23. juni 2018

s/thin/think/

And the first is Sunday, my bad.

sentabo | 23. juni 2018

The construction site in BB lot San Carlos seems the most spacious. Bridgepoint would be okay, too. Whole Foods probably prohibitive.

I know, NKYTA, haven’t been to a local charger in years. Maybe we’ll “christen” San Carlos though we’ll probably never use it. Not sure if I can make it yet but I’m really hoping to.

Anthony J. Parisio | 24. juni 2018

July 1 is better than July 4! Most people have family gatherings on July 4. Trying to get people to rally when they have family obligations is not easy. So my vote is definitely for July 1.

mrporter6 | 24. juni 2018

I wish someone would show me how to get this idea viral on Facebook

SamO | 24. juni 2018

You need to share it with the Tesla Owners groups online. Maybe a direct message asking for help. Then go on Tesla Motors Club and start a thread there. Then I'd go on Twitter and create a hashtag:

#TeslaRally

And tweet it to Tesla, Elon Musk, Model3OwnersClub etc.

It's kinda last-minute, but it would be a good time.

mrporter6 | 24. juni 2018

SamO. Would you do all that as it is just beyond my pay grade. I just think this is a great idea and getting Elon involved is great

Bighorn | 24. juni 2018

충돌

Bighorn | 24. juni 2018

충돌

SamO | 24. juni 2018

I know the twitter stuff but we need some details on places and times.

Half Dollar Bill | 25. juni 2018

There's a new supercharger that's just opened in Springfield VA and we're going to combine a ribbon-cutting meet-up and this idea for 11:00 July 1st. We'll be going to a nearby restaurant to socialize afterward if you're interested in participating.
Info here:
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/new-supercharger-at-springfield-...

@mrporter6
I've also created an event for you on TMC using your first post. The thread is here:
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/supercharger-tesla-appreciation-...

Pages