Forums

The hit pieces keep on coming: according to op-ed on NY Post, "Elon Musk is a Total Fraud"

The hit pieces keep on coming: according to op-ed on NY Post, "Elon Musk is a Total Fraud"

...or did they mean to write "fwaud"?

https://nypost.com/2018/07/21/elon-musk-is-a-total-fraud/?utm_campaign=p...

Author's thesis? "He has yet to succeed at anything but somehow spins every failure into proof of imminent success. His only accomplishment has been this decades-long Jedi mind trick."

If Elon is an example of "yet to succeed at anything", then count me in -- I wanna be that unsuccessful!

Bankwupt Fwaudster!

Author's credentials from Wikipedia certainly explain her lack of understanding: "Maureen Callahan is an American writer and editor for the New York Post known for her coverage of pop culture including fashion, the music industry, and subcultures of New York City. Callahan has also written for Sassy, Spin, New York magazine, MTV, and Vanity Fair."

Well color me surprised! An author for "Sassy" magazine thinks, and I quote, "SpaceX — which Musk touts as replacing NASA and colonizing Mars — has been a literal failure to launch. So many of its rockets have burned up or crashed that Musk, for reasons unknown, has made a blooper reel."

Wow, just...wow. Sounds like a rocket scientist to me /s

babyjocko | 21. juli 2018

Don't be skeptical. Instead, be cynical. And THEN read the article and analyze its worthiness. This is the main reason I have avoided TSLA long. It is full of hot air. After the initial fascination of the idea of Tesla, the stock has pretty much stayed afloat by Elon Musk hype. Everything Musk does is a PR stunt -- EVERYTHING.

TSLA may very well rise to new heights (I doubt it), and, at least, Tesla may very well become profitable someday. But, do not be fooled by Elon Musk. Pay more attention and don't get caught up in the fog.

Xerogas | 22. juli 2018

@babyjocko: OK, so re-supplying the space station and landing two reusable rockets simultaneously is a PR stunt. Gotcha.

SO | 22. juli 2018

Journalism is dead.

As far as a flat stock, I invest in companies for which I want to support in their mission. So I am long TSLA. Doing the right thing is more important to me than doing something to just make money. This seems to be lost on too many people these days.

Should_I | 22. juli 2018

I have a different view, it is Elon's PR prowess and personality that keep the companies afloat till things work.
He personally is the reason for the capital drummed up in stock price, and for the stock surviving company failures.
I can see how when just looking at that side people see him as a fraud, but that is ignoring the eventual success the companies see because of his aggressive vision.

carlk | 22. juli 2018

Shorts are terrified that they will lose their money. Auto companies are terrified that they will lose their market shares and lose money when trying to fight back. Dealers are terrified they will be replaced by company owned stores. Oil companies are terrified that people will no longer be forced to buy their products. Media people are terrified that one of their biggest advertising sources will be displaced. Global warming deniers are terrified that people will adapt to green transportation and prove them wrong. ICE car lovers are terrified their humanhood will be destroyed by a better car.

There are a lot of terrified people out there trying to fight dirty to save them from the eventual demise.

Mike83 | 22. juli 2018

Tesla is Made in America. I like buying American.

bjaminaltman | 22. juli 2018

Gotta admit, the Pedo Guy deal reflects an immature side of Musk. Shows his vulnerability and quick tempered nature. Whether he has private knowledge of this man's activities or not, posting that accusation publicly was petty and childish. Does that detract from his mission or his accomplishments? Not to me. I love this human. He is taking on the struggle of changing our world for the better. Think about that. I mean, really think about that. He has LOTS of great minds and spirits helping him of course. What blows me away is how polarized people are. I guess as many have stated here is because there is soooo much at stake and discrediting him blow by blow eats away at his credibility and fan base. Sad. The intentions of so many are only to protect their own interests. In doing so they can slow the path of Musk. But the horse is out of the gate and she ain't turning back. Rock on Elon!!

SO | 22. juli 2018

Elon snapped a bit with that pedo comment.

But I would bet a signed dollar every single one of these “righteous” people who called him out, would have snapped long before.

It’s easy to sit back and say “he shouldn’t have done that” and I have said the same thing. But picture being attacked constantly for at least 15 years, the most shorted company in the US, relentless hit pieces, Chanos on CNBC every other day saying that Tesla is worth ZERO, getting slammed for having his team work on a solution that was made to spec per the lead in Thailand, and on and on. If I were him, I’d probably just build the BFR for myself, go to Mars and then nudge a 10 mile wide asteroid towards earth. (All of which he could probably do BTW).

SO | 22. juli 2018

And on the side of the rocket, I’d have a highly visible HUGE middle finger.

Tesla-David | 22. juli 2018

Another worthless hit piece, by an author with no knowledge about Tesla. I stand behind Tesla/EM and have been blown away with our two MS's and M3, and now am enjoying the benefits of our Powerwall-2 installation. Tesla products are outstanding. Tesla Model S is now being recognized as being the greatest car of the decade. Not bad for a young American Company. Tesla will be profitable by the end of this year, and I also extend a middle finger to all the Shorter's, Tesla haters, and EM haters. GO TESLA/EM!

https://evannex.com/blogs/news/hagerty-tesla-model-s-is-the-greatest-car...

sbeggs | 22. juli 2018

Nice piece of writing, @carlk.

Remnant | 22. juli 2018

@SO (July 22, 2018)

<< If I were him, I’d probably just build the BFR for myself, go to Mars and then nudge a 10 mile wide asteroid towards earth. >>

If that asteroid hits the target, millions would perish.

And that would make you a mass murderer. Ominous project ... !!!

Furthermore, planning such a hit would constitute an act of war against Earth and might entitle the Earth Forces to take Defensive Measures against it, conceivably including preemptive strikes against the HW and SW involved in preparing it.

SO | 22. juli 2018

Remnant - it’s a figure of speech.

just go away.

carlk | 22. juli 2018

@bjaminaltman Elon has explained he called the guy pedo guy in response to his comment of to stick the submarine to where it hurts, which he interpreted as to "where" it hurts. It has nothing to do with what he thought of this guys private activities are.

Remnant | 22. juli 2018

@SO (July 22, 2018)

<< Remnant - it’s a figure of speech. >>

You must mean a stupid figure of speech, like Madonna's wish to blow up the WH, or Kathy Griffin's holding the separated head of the President by its hair.

Violent figures of speech might have to be investigated.by the Secret Service or, perhaps, referred for an Emergency Psychiatric Evaluation.

Have you talked to your psychiatrist about this asteroid figure of speech of yours?

SO | 22. juli 2018

Talk about a snowflake.

carlk, well ok. Not sure I get the logic behind (no pun intended) that. Particularly couple with the somewhat egotistical follow up of 'bet a signed dollar', giving the illusion of some knowledge and great value to his signature, which btw I'd love to have. I understand he was attacked. But we know, as does he, that he is bigger than that. He is in fact a celebrity as well as a disrupter of huge proportion. He went low and threw himself into another oncoming bus. Fodder for the world. Not near as bad as Papa John, but in the same ballpark to those in the media. Truth to me is that twitter for Musk is a distraction other than the occasional fantastic tease of new products, technology or inspiring thoughts. It should not be a place for him to work out his 'issues' with detractors. But I'm not his boss or his mother, thank god for him and the investors. Many a ship has gone down of late due to twitter activity. Not seen many rising stars because of it. I have no use for it, except to follow Musk. And I do that to be warned of the next fiasco for trading purposes. Now that is pathetic, isn't it? Like I said, I love the guy and wish him and his many ventures to succeed for the good of all. Musk should also be allowed to screw up without being under a microscope continuously. Unfortunately, some of it he brings on himself with tweets that will haunt his legacy, at least in the short term.

carlk | 22. juli 2018

bjaminaltman Elon fought back because he was attacked first. He always does. Although I do agree it's not worth fighting that guy who got nothing to lose. Those shorts or organized efforts trying to destroy Tesla are different story though.

SO | 22. juli 2018

@carlk - Elon doubled down on the pedo file about the signed dollar. I think he was accusing the guy as an actual pedo. No hidden meaning.

SO | 22. juli 2018

But, time to move on.

Carlk, yes, I like the near immediate responses to the negative BS analyst call of losing net reservations. Not sure it needed to be done on twitter as well as through PR. Of course NBC spins the tweet negative given on 5000 M3 net reservations/wk with goal of production of 10k or so per week. I get their point but the negative spin is phenomenal. So far no advertising and very few display/demo models available. Also so few on the road with word of mouth/exposure being the most likely selling point. M3 price will also likely come down as they get to scale and the tax credit is 'absorbed'. Foolish to think there is no flexibility in pricing. As far as valid competition, I do thing the Taycan or whatever it's called will be a nice vehicle. But is this really going to disrupt Tesla sales? Will any money losing EV be built in enough scale to do that? Just to crush Tesla? Will network charging for these vehicles ever exist to near the point of city to city travel safely? F_k no IMHO.

My lord, just posted a comment on the WSJ article regarding getting money back from suppliers. I felt like a cow in a river of piranhas. To say the WSJ crowd in anti Tesla is an understatement. Savage attack on Musk personally and everything related. Not surprising I guess. Only positive piece from them I can recall is the recent M3 review.

SCCRENDO | 22. juli 2018

Some very good points here. I remain an Elon an Tesla fanboi. But his comment about the diver, even if true was immature, stupid and uncalled for. Indeed Elon does seem to have some personality issues. But that should not detract from his genius and success. Our president does and says far worse continually.

SO | 22. juli 2018
felonmusk | 23. juli 2018

BWAH!!!

Remnant | 23. juli 2018

@felonmusk (July 23, 2018)

<< BWAH!!! >>

Wawa, Haha, Lala, Kiki !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ??????????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

babyjocko | 23. juli 2018

"As far as a flat stock, I invest in companies for which I want to support in their mission. So I am long TSLA. Doing the right thing is more important to me than doing something to just make money. "

That may be a noble view, bur certainly unwise as it could lead to your financial demise. Actually, it is so unwise, I don't believe you are sincere when you state this. I've seen other posts from you that suggests you are much more wise than this.

SamO | 23. juli 2018

A meteorite could lead to your actual demise.

Meanwhile, I'll invest in TSLA and vote with my dollars for a better more livable world. And be able to retire soon.

Rocky_H | 23. juli 2018

I get some of the ongoing criticism of Tesla for their bad financials. They have a lot of potential, but are currently running in the red by choice because of aggressive growth, but it understandably doesn't look very good.

But when someone is criticizing SpaceX? They are an idiot without a clue and are just angry at Musk personally. SpaceX is KILLING IT! They are making good money and are the most used space launch company on the planet. They have had 56 successful launches!!! This person is a total moron who doesn't want to do any research when they see video of a few of the failures, and just make the stupid assumption that failures must be all they have ever had.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Falcon_9_and_Falcon_Heavy_launches

Tesla-David | 23. juli 2018

I stand with @SamO for the same reasons in supporting and investing in TSLA, which has a very Noble Mission!

carlk | 24. juli 2018

With what has just happened to their cross town rival this will only get worse before it gets better (when they are all closed).

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/new-york-daily-news-layoffs_us_5b51...

SUN 2 DRV | 25. juli 2018

I'm a long TSLA investor, mostly from $35 and some recently at $277. Today TSLA is $309... everything seems quite fine to me...

watchdawg1 | 26. juli 2018

To the woman Journalist?? and to all the other haters and Lazy Boy Critics out there, I quote inspirational, insightful and presidential,(when presidents were presidents) words.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Author Theodore Roosevelt 25th President of the Great United States of America
Excerpt from the speech "Citizenship In A Republic"
delivered at the Sorbonne, in Paris, France on 23 April, 1910

watchdawg1 | 26. juli 2018

To the woman Journalist?? and to all the other haters and Lazy Boy Critics out there, I quote inspirational, insightful and presidential,(when presidents were presidents) words.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Author Theodore Roosevelt 25th President of the Great United States of America
Excerpt from the speech "Citizenship In A Republic"
delivered at the Sorbonne, in Paris, France on 23 April, 1910

Tesla-David | 26. juli 2018

@watchdawg1 +100, great quote!

nwfan | 28. juli 2018

@watchdawg1, thanks. Sent shivers through reading TR speech. Then reality hits and current I read another 45 lie.

Orthopod | 29. juli 2018

I can't believe we are paying realy worl money and salaries for people actually producing nothing at all in this World. Critics do not create anything, do not push boundaries of science anywhere.

Elon Musk is one of the greatest Doer of the current era, and everything he does is environnemental and planet friendly. Oil industry has been destroying the planet for over a century and you never see a critic telling that they don't do enough for the global warming.

I have a profund hate for journalism and only direspect for them.

Any article criticizing Musk for what he's doing if just making me respect his effort more.

And about the Pedo call, anyone here who has been sleeping at his work 3 hours night for 30+ days will be on the edge of calling a naysayer any name you feel like when he triggers you with false statements.

NKYTA | 29. juli 2018

@EVolution, I agree with the sentiment, but let’s not start conflating actual journalism with “media”.

SamO | 29. juli 2018

Pedo diver told Elon to shove his sub up his ass, which is why Elon made the comment.

carlk | 29. juli 2018

NKYTA You are right but true journalism is a very rare commodity this day and age. The media is not all responsible for that. Dumbed down audiences is.

babyjocko | 29. juli 2018

EVolution's last post. Replace only one word in your post: "Musk" with "Trump" and most everyone in this thread would recognize your post as just another brainwashed follower who praises their hero and criticizes the media. But, replace "Trump" with "Musk" and everyone becomes a ditto head.

Psychology is amazing!

skymaster | 29. juli 2018

All of you liberals have to remember that half of this country believes that 45 is the best president in the history of this great country.
Liberals believe CNN and all of the mainstream......conservatives believe FOX........BFD. GET OVER IT!!

carlk | 29. juli 2018

No. More people in the country believed Hilary Clinton instead of him should be the 45.

SO | 29. juli 2018

When the economy tanks because of the relaxing of the rules and the tax cuts which also force people to get less SSI and Medicare, we shall see who thinks it’s a “BFD”.

finman100 | 30. juli 2018

ITFMA

Tesla-David | 30. juli 2018

ITFMA!

eliezer.yejun | 10. august 2018

Shares of Tesla were halted on Tuesday afternoon following CEO Elon Musk’s Twitter message that he might take the company private — an announcement that blindsided Wall Street and led to questions about fraud.
https://discord.software/ , https://adobereader.onl/ , https://itunes.red/