Forums

Employee screw up!

Employee screw up!

Today I had no access to my Tesla/SolarCity account. Turns out an employee screwed up and gave access to another customer to my account. So all my personal information which was completed and downloadable info was available to them. The new email was not mine nor did I recognize the name after speaking to customer service. I ended up doing some research and found who the person is and their phone number in case I need to contact them later. I would believe there would be some security prevention or noticed to allow me to know of any email changes. Has anyone else have to deal with this issue? what would you do if this happened to you? I'm quite sure my some law or protection for consumers were violated.

K-D-R | 23. juli 2018

Take a deep breath. Calm down and let them fix it. Make a deposit into your karma bucket.

skepticzmind | 25. juli 2018

My concern was that my private information was viewable to the other client and how easy it was for that employee to disable and change my email login access and give it to another person.

spockagain34 | 03. august 2018

After the equifax breach and several other security breaches virtually everyone in the US's data has become available to anyone willing to pay for. Take a deep breath and don't sweat it, that's just the future we get to live in now. ;)

Though, on a slightly more serious note, most people are not out to harm others. Generally if someone were to log into an account for a product they were honestly paying for and notice someone else's information in there, they aren't going to data mine it but rather contact the company and let them know there has been some sort of mistake. That isn't a guarantee 100% of the time, but you'll most likely be okay.

jeschneider | 29. august 2018

Luckily there is no sensitive information available in your account.