Forums

Refund on Tesla Roadster

Refund on Tesla Roadster

I thought i could reserve the new roadster with a 5,000 deposit and I must have misread the form. Ive tried several times to contact tesla for a refund but no replies. Any ideas?

Xerogas | 08. oktober 2018

@jim: it’s $50,000. Might want to call your credit card company; I’m sure they’re happy to reverse an accidental charge that magnitude. Surprised you didn’t get a phone call from them immediately after making the order online.

Jinnymobile | 09. oktober 2018

5k starts the process, but yes, it takes 50k total to make a reservation.

jim | 09. oktober 2018

I think i made it clear that i know the deposit is $50,000 but there isn't a place to request your refund on the 5,000 is my point. I've sent multiple emails bu no response so i am going to just talk to my credit card company to reverse the charge.

sschaem | 16. november 2018

I'm might soon be in that situation. How was the outcome of your refund ?

svyatosshiryaeva1982 | 05. februar 2019

I guess u should get the cancellation link on the page on which you may request a cancellation of your car You can also contact ur credit card company,they should be happy to call you..https://www.mybkexperience.reviews/

jon.crowell | 28. februar 2019

I reserved a Roadster in April of 2018.. I Canceled it on 9/19/18 after many long calls in very long call queues. They said the refund would take between 30-60 working days. On 10/26/18 I got my $5K credit card deposit back. I have yet to see the $45K wire back. The good news is for some reason the 888-518-3752 number answers in minutes now.. I call all the time, the story changes.. First they say the wire happened Nov 7'th, I say, no money in my back, can I get the FEDwire IMAD # to find out what went wrong?? Then they say, Oh, didn't go through will re-submit, Feb 7.. No money, call again, person on the phone is trying but can only pass messages to finance, can't talk to any level up, ever.. Then they send me a FEDwire record with an IMAD #, my bank tells me that's a record of sending them the original $45K. They send me some other text that my bank says doesn't show a transaction.

Very unprofessional, and troubling handling of the matter. I have filed a complaint so far with, FTC, BBB, AG, send a note to Tesla's Board through the web site, No help. The Better Business did get them to say on Feb 8 that they have queued up by $45K wire transfer, it will take 7-10 business days.. No money..

I have lost all faith as Tesla as a company. Anyone know someone to call to put pressure on them to give me my money?????

Thanks,
Jon

Shock | 03. mars 2019

"Anyone know someone to call to put pressure on them to give me my money?????"

Yep, they are called lawyers. You're going to have to sue them at this point for your $45k.

baverse123 | 07. mars 2019

Download ACMARKET APK for latest modded apps to download on ur iOS devises for free.....https://acmarket-apk.net/

jperflankowicz | 19. mars 2019

Hi Jon -

I was wondering if you ever received your refund.

JT