Forums

If standing outside, can I only open 1 rear door of the Tesla X or do I have to open both rear doors every time?

If standing outside, can I only open 1 rear door of the Tesla X or do I have to open both rear doors every time?

Hi, forgive the newbie question....but I need to know if I am standing outside a Tesla X and I only wish to open 1 of the rear doors (NOT both rear doors) can I do that? If so how? E.g. via a button on the key fob? Handle on the door? Thank you for your advice in advance.

lilbean | 01. februar 2019

There are two separate buttons for the falcon wing doors on the fob. You can double click them separately to open or you can push the door handle on the door you want to open.

nipper2 | 01. februar 2019

@lilbean How many Tesla's do you have now?

Four- Model X, Model 3, and two kiddie Model S cars. :)

Didn't have an S at one time?

Well no. I just had about six S loaners when the X was in and out of service. The X spent quite a bit of time there.

What year is the X can't decide if I should do new or cpo

duncangmckay | 01. februar 2019

Many thanks for the information!

@nipper Mine is a six seater 2016, early VIN. The new ones no longer have the Model X logo on the interior when you open the falcon wing door.

You're welcome, @duncangmckay!

campusden | 02. februar 2019

Duncangmckay, may I suggest that you go get a new vehicle checklist and learn to perform all the things that you can do with your FOB. You can stop the door in mid-stroke as an example.