Forums

Model 3 AWD Review

Model 3 AWD Review

Hey all. I did an article for Hagerty on our Model 3. I never imagined owning an electric car five years ago, now I'm in love. Hopefully this gets more ICE or die people on board.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/03/14/gearheads-en...

Thanks!

Best,
Gene

rdm227 | 15. mars 2019

Thanks for sharing, went from a manual transmission with lots of pickup to Model 3 AWD and was afraid I'd really miss my manual car, but once I drove the M3 I never looked back, never thought a car could be this enjoyable to drive especially in the snow.

rdm227 | 15. mars 2019

Thanks for sharing, went from a manual transmission with lots of pickup to Model 3 AWD and was afraid I'd really miss my manual car, but once I drove the M3 I never looked back, never thought a car could be this enjoyable to drive especially in the snow.

madkim23 | 15. mars 2019

Well written and enjoyable read!

nnguyen72 | 15. mars 2019

Thanks for posting your review. My views basically mirror yours in the love of horsepower growing up. When my wife needed a vehicle that would get her in the HOV lane for her commute to work we decided to go the EV route(with consideration for the environment also, we live in the Bay Area) we ended up becoming completely converted to EVs even with the the limited options available at the time. We ended up leasing a e-Golf for $110/mo! I just this morning put in my order for the AWD long range without Autopilot like you(I too like driving and don't completely trust the tech just yet). This will technically be her car as it will be replacing the VW as the lease is ending, but I'm going to drive it any chance I get.

PECo CT | 15. mars 2019

Well written, Gene. Thanks.

Shesmyne2 | 15. mars 2019

I also grew up driving & loving true, classic, hot rods.
Your review was great. Enjoyed it.

Enjoy the ride.

Still Grinning ;-)

sbeggs | 15. mars 2019

“The Model S is the perfect car for people who don't love cars.”

Disagree! Especially from these two gearheads who repaired and loved our old American V-8 Classics!

pedro | 15. mars 2019

Great review!

SO | 15. mars 2019

@sbeggs +1

billtphotoman | 15. mars 2019

Very nice review and I agree the model 3's steering and ride/handling compromise are pretty much ideal.

cmh95628 | 15. mars 2019

Great review. Thanks for sharing.

aperfectecho | 15. mars 2019

Great review! I agree with all of it save the autopilot stuff. I am just impressed someone could love it so much WITHOUT that!

Carl Thompson | 15. mars 2019

@gene

Liked your review! And I agree with you on the S and Autopilot (not popular opinions around here).

Glad you're having fun!