Forums

Massive sales increase, yet possible to purchase a new Model S in seconds

Massive sales increase, yet possible to purchase a new Model S in seconds

While industry auto sales slump, Tesla sales increased 110% in Q1-2019 over Q1-2018. Yet, you can order a new Model S today in seconds over the internet. Now if you're not able to use the internet, perhaps a Tesla is not the right vehicle to own. Ordering is so much easier than scammy dealers.

TabascoGuy | 22. kan 2019

Fight FUD with facts. Well played TT.

jimglas | 22. kan 2019

well done

Mike83 | 22. kan 2019

Tesla bends over backwards to please. The demand is so high even some owners helped in the past but now its a piece of cake.
Best to ignore the BS and whining types who can never be pleased. They should buy a Kia.

greg | 22. kan 2019

Oh and Don't forget, the Model S you could have bought 7 years ago in 2012, still has better range and mileage/ efficiency, a lower cost of ownership and up to date features from the many over-the-air updates, which means your 2012 model S is likely better than what you can buy brand new from the likes of "Big (or small) Auto" today.

So, the updated 2019 models, - they will still be kicking ass in the 2020's. Like their older models do today.

andy.connor.e | 23. kan 2019

The only thing that is bad about a 2012 Tesla Model S, is when you compare it to a 2019 Tesla Model S.

Dramsey | 23. kan 2019
andy.connor.e | 23. kan 2019

Graph for those interested:

https://youtu.be/sIlNIVXpIns

TeslaTap.com | 24. kan 2019

Perhaps a more interesting chart would be production each quarter, although on a quick search. I didn't find one. Car companies other than Tesla report deliveries to dealers, which is very close to production, but is not sales to consumers.

Yodrak. | 24. kan 2019

"While industry auto sales slump, Tesla sales increased 110% in Q1-2019 over Q1-2018."

Not to rain on the parade, but rather to recognize a significant difference between the two quarters, I believe that Tesla sales in Q1-2018 were constrained by production = availability of the product, not by a lack of customers. That constraint no longer existed in Q1-2019.

andy.connor.e | 24. kan 2019

I agree. Deliveries for Model 3 are more than likely now based on demand, not availability.

TeslaTap.com | 24. kan 2019

@Yodrak - You may be right, but Tesla's stated it was due to having many more units in transit as they had just opened up Europe and Asia for the M3, which was not the case in Q4-2018. I also expect a hard Q2 vs Q1 due to Tesla changing production to make and ship more on order date than front load each quarter with all those out of country sales (which overloads delivery at the end of the quarter). A one-time thing that will be very beneficial in Q3 and beyond.

simon_gym | 24. kan 2019

1+