Forums

What number to call when run into glitch on the road?

What number to call when run into glitch on the road?

Just had 2 screen freezes.

Was just out driving my new "Raven" Long Range S when both the cluster screen and center screen froze. Couldn't use the turn signals or the hazard and this happened while I was on the highway...I had to change a couple of lanes and piss off some people before I got off the nearest exit pulled over and did the "hold down break and 2 scroll wheels" to reset screens. After reboot it seemed to be working again.

When stuff like this happens is there a number I can call on the road to speak to a Tesla rep? Also is there an official forum for reporting bugs? I am running 2019.16.2 and I'm pretty sure the glitch happened when I received a phone call on my iPhone and chose to receive the call via phone speaker instead of through the car. That seemed to freeze up the system.

The second occasion was pulling up in my garage, opened the garage door with Homelink and then when I put the car in reverse and was backing up I noticed the back up camera didn't come on. When I touched the screen I realized it froze again. I have no idea what triggered the 2nd event but again a reboot fixed it.

Anthony J. Parisio | 29. kan 2019

When you tap the Tesla T on the top of your center screen a window opens. At the bottom right of the window you will see the road side assistance number. Put that in your contacts on your phone.

ALSET | 29. kan 2019

Thank you Anthony.

BlufftonBob | 29. kan 2019

I had the same experience a couple of weeks ago. The same screen freeze and loss of directionals and flashers. I was on 2019.16.2 with autopilot engaged on a 2018 MS 100D w/AP 2.5. Talking to Tesla support after two bug reports produced no clarity as to the cause. The only additional step they suggested was a reset of the driver's cluster. It has no happened again.

Sonofman | 29. kan 2019

You don't loose turn signals if the screen freezes, you loose the sound of the turn signals FYI. Keep using your signals and driving normally.

Also you can reset the screen while driving by just holding the scroll wheels. It's not a deep reset of the whole system but has worked to fix a random glitch while on the move.

Congrats on the new car, hopefully you love it despite these minor issues.

EVRider | 29. kan 2019

Issues like this are not uncommon and can usually be fixed by rebooting (even while you’re driving). As the previous poster noted, you don’t actually lose your turn signals, you just can’t hear or see them. Service can’t help you with firmware issues, so don’t waste your time or theirs by calling them,

jordanrichard | 29. kan 2019

When in doubt, re-boot.

ALSET | 29. kan 2019

Thanks all. Yeah despite the hiccup I'm loving the car so far. I woke up today and there was a red exclamation that said to contact service for a software update. It's unusual bc the first update when I bought my car let me just do it from home but this one doesn't have an option.
I can't get online chat from support to connect, no phone number....so I just scheduled with service center through the app. Am I not supposed to do this? Would be so helpful if I had a number to call where someone would answer.