Forums

Free Supercharging/New Owner

Free Supercharging/New Owner

I purchased my Model X last Friday to get in before the Tax Rebate and the free supercharging offer ended. It appears Tesla is not honoring the free supercharging anymore even though it was good through June 30th.

https://twitter.com/Tesla/status/1134479110716006400

Any one know why? It feels kind of bait and switch to me.

jamesxq | 01. juli 2019

I think you have to provide more details. I know a few people taken delivery over the weekend and received free SC, no problem. It might not show in your account yet, but your OA should be able to check their system to make sure.

iambigd | 02. juli 2019

Thanks, I sent support an email yesterday. Haven't heard back yet.

jimglas | 02. juli 2019

I suspect if you SC, you will not be billed until you have used up your free miles.
I have FUSC, it didn't show up on my acct for a few months, but I was never charged when I did SC

X-pilot | 02. juli 2019

Picked my car up 19 Jun. On the Tesla app, "loot box" shows 5000 free SC miles.

iambigd | 02. juli 2019

The offer states unlimited free supercharging for Model X and S purchased before June 30th. Only one way to read that.

jjgunn | 02. juli 2019

@iambigd

FUSC is for INVENTORY MS/X

It doesn't apply if you bought the new X (Raven)

iambigd | 03. juli 2019

#jjgun

No, the offer doesn't say anything about the Raven It says....

Important Announcement (unless you like paying for gas): All inventory Model S and Model X cars now come with unlimited free Supercharging. This ends on June 30.

I bought a new Model X from inventory, before June 30th.

jamesxq | 03. juli 2019

I think the tweet from Tesla might be a little misleading or not well thought out. At the time of the tweet there's no Raven MX in inventory. It's only at end of the promo period, some became available, but clearly marked as pay-per-use SC. At this point, if they don't give you FUSC out of good faint, it's hard to argue. But you still have a chance to return the car within 7 days. I think there will be Raven deals coming.

iambigd | 03. juli 2019

I'm working with the manager of the Tesla center I ordered it at. We will see. I really don't want to return it but this is kind of a big deal to me.

bob | 04. juli 2019

@iambigd - not fair to say this. But as a long time owner "All Inventory Model S and Model X" was instantly obvious to me. If you ordered on-line via the configurator - you don't qualify.

iambigd | 07. juli 2019

@bob I worked with the store and they found me one in inventory.

iambigd | 07. juli 2019

@bob I worked with the store and they found me one in inventory.

bob | 07. juli 2019

Sorry. I mis-understood your original post and read that to mean you'd ordered new. Re-reading your post that was a stretch on my end and a bad assumption. my bad.

deemo | 07. juli 2019

My configuration sheet had free unlimited supercharging listed on it - check what it says

wootf | 10. juli 2019

I bought an X that is the older hardware version on June 25th and received free charging for life. Did you get the newer one, raven i think it’s called?

iambigd | 11. juli 2019

I did get the Raven and it appears they will not honor the offer.

Vawlkus | 14. juli 2019

Ravens never had FSFL, so there was no way that was going to happen.

ngaval9901 | 28. juli 2019

raven should as long as itis inventory they will need to offer it

kqnjml | 28. juli 2019

it's not that easy to get them to honor it even if it's an inventory car during the promotion. Their argument is Ravens don't qualify. Maybe a lawyer can make a better case than us.

Vawlkus | 30. juli 2019

Ravens were introduced long after FSC was a thing. I got the tail end of it two years ago when I got my X.

GranpaJohn | 30. juli 2019

@iambigd - I get that it is 'kind of a big deal" because you thought you understood what they meant. But I do have to say that after 61K miles on my MS75D and 21K on my MX100D, supercharging has been a fairly small part of my useage. Although it sure did help on the 7500 mile round trip last summer from Ohio to Montana, it was a $120 saver each way. Check your expected trips on ABettrRoutePlanner.com to get the usual SC cost. Most of my charging is in the garage. At the end of the day "I drive a TESLA!"

gguinto | 10. august 2019

@iambigd - after reading through this thread, “Raven” is the key word. The FUSC offer was for existing inventory, pre-raven S & X.

I bought an existing inventory, pre-raven MX 100D in June. Ordered June 1st, delivered June 10. The FUSC was just activated last Wednesday, after a long and winded back and forth with my SA.

sschaem | 12. august 2019

Here is Tesla for you in a nutshell.

Had a 2018 with free supercharging (2500 miles on it), wanted a trade in to a 2019 Raven. (only way to get the new suspension)

I indicated Tesla that I would like my supercharging transferred as it was a referral reward that I used for less then 5 month.
they categorically refused saying "if we do that , will would have to do it for everyone"
And I said "That would be a great thing for people doing tesla to tesla upgrades, as this is absolutely zero cost to the company" So I refuse to complete my order, and said I will just wait for Tesla to come to reason.

Then a few weeks later "We now offer free supercharging for every new Model S&X" (and thats for everyone, not just the buyer that already have free super charging included in their trade in Model S/X)

Who in the world is running this company. I hope its not Elon because the way they make decisions is like rats on cracks.

(And nobody contacted me, "hey good news, management overturned their refusal and will do it for everyone now, you dont even have to trade in a vehicle with free supercharging, still want to go forward with your order?")

There is more to this story. So on august 3d I completed my trade in after it showed FSC on the feature list...
Took delivery.... no FSC enabled.

side note: My 2018 also was supposed to have FSC, but the car was delivery after the reward program for this ended and it was delivered without FSC. Yea... Tesla

To be continued....

PS: I hope some people at Tesla read this forum. Because this need to get better and its not.
And this include quality control. The raven build seem better, but it still require day 1 servicing.

I recall back in September requesting a meeting with Tesla management to go over the flagrant lack of quality check at the factory and delivery center.
They refused saying that they where aware of the problems... Well , being aware and doing something about it are two different things.

The lack of caring is really a gut punch when you are not only an owner but also a stock holder.

ngaval9901 | 12. august 2019

I bought my raven inventory during that time and they told me the free supercharging as well. Thats what brought me in i didnt know what raven pre raven etc was. No clue. Not only did they drop the price since that time 6k wont honor there plain in sight advertisement. So seems if they want repet customers they need to be willing with what they have cause word of mouth is alot better then this shifty ways.

ngaval9901 | 12. august 2019

I bought my raven inventory during that time and they told me the free supercharging as well. Thats what brought me in i didnt know what raven pre raven etc was. No clue. Not only did they drop the price since that time 6k wont honor there plain in sight advertisement. So seems if they want repet customers they need to be willing with what they have cause word of mouth is alot better then this shifty ways.