Forums

Missing rear wheel well liner push pins (three locations up top around shock mount)

Missing rear wheel well liner push pins (three locations up top around shock mount)

I've missing all three on each side. I understand others are as well (reading on other forums). Are you missing some or all of them as well?

rkalbiarEV | 02. juli 2019

Yep, cost cutting choice.

surfpearl | 02. juli 2019

They are missing on my car too. Don't seem to be essentially needed, but I will ask SC about adding them in on my next visit.
You can post here a link to your on-line/cloud photo app if you like to show photos.

lbowroom | 02. juli 2019

Placed there during design in case they were needed to secure stuff. They aren't, so they're blank.

jebinc | 02. juli 2019
Magic 8 Ball | 02. juli 2019

My theory is the well liners are difficult to hold tolerances where mounting hole locations are so they put in more mounting locations than were found to be necessary (designed in redundancy). Our car has had few missing since day one. We have over 11K on car and drove it through heavy rain and up to a high speed of over 125 once. Nothing has fallen off or failed.

jebinc | 02. juli 2019

Makes sense. Since I hate the potential of rattles, so, I will plug all holes like these with the proper push ins.

Magic 8 Ball | 02. juli 2019

A bit more to my theory: The wheel well liner material is somewhat compliant. Where my grommets are missing the wheel well holes do not perfectly line up with the holes in the metal and/or is the liner flush with the mounting location behind. I decided to leave the grommets out since, IMO, putting in too many grommets could overconstrain the assembly and cause issues (if it aint broke don't fix it).

lbowroom | 02. juli 2019

If it fulfills someone's particular OCD, probably won't cause a problem to fill the extras.

smogne41 | 02. juli 2019

Mine was missing some as well (August 2018 build). I just bought a kit on amazon and plugged them up.

M3phan | 02. juli 2019

I brought this up to my service center last winter, and they confirmed that they were redundancies that were not needed and eliminated in production.

jebinc | 02. juli 2019

Filling them filled my particular OCD, yes, that's it.