Forums

Model 3 Price Drop yet again

Model 3 Price Drop yet again

It's $38,990 now.

Let the whining begin!

jjgunn | 16. juli 2019

Black paint costs $750 too

herrmdogg | 16. juli 2019

I ordered my car last week before these price changes, I wonder if they will credit me the differences or if I will need to cancel and reorder, hmmm...

aparikh83 | 16. juli 2019

I ordered my M3 on Friday 7/12 and was able to edit the design last night and now it reflects the lower price. Had to do it twice to get the lower price to stick though.

spuzzz123 | 16. juli 2019

Awdtesla we all knew the price of early adoption. Or should have at least.

calvin940 | 16. juli 2019

This is awesome. Good chance for others to buy that can't stretch their dollars as well.

I bought my car for a car, not an investment (as should be with any car). I plan on *actually* using my car for as long as it lasts. If you bought for different reasons, I feel bad for you.

calvin940 | 16. juli 2019

I buy to use not to resell. I won't be losing money because I will be using the car not looking to sell it. As I said, if that's your mode, then I feel bad for you.

raqball | 16. juli 2019

@AWDTesla.. Anyone who buys a car with resale in mind is foolish in my opinion. A car purchase, financially speaking, is one of the worst financial decisions you can make...

Vehicles are a depreciating asset and they do so rapidly..

I just picked mine up on June 27th and I took a $2,500 punch in the gut as the 1K price drop and the $1,500 white paint such hurt a little but it is what it is... I did get the higher tax credit so it sorta evens out..

vmulla | 16. juli 2019

By now folks should have made the connection between price drops and the decrease in tax incentives. Tesla is wringing the tax incentives dry (and customer interest/greed too) - no shame in playing by the rules to win.

raqball | 16. juli 2019

@AWD Tesla.. Do you think any mass produced car increases in value?

Resale value down the line plays no part in my vehicle purchasing decision.. They all depreciate! Some more than others.. My son has a BMW 750i Alpina and that sucker is worth about 26K right now. Want to take a stab at what it was priced at brand new? Hint = It was well over $120K.... It's lost almost $100K in 5 years!

shank15217 | 16. juli 2019

@AWDTesla When did that happen?

Lorenzryanc | 16. juli 2019

I can't believe a company is actually pushing savings onto their product. Most people say it, but then give that money to executives or shareholders. Musk is actually lowering price based on the savings from scaling and I'm cool with that. It bodes well for my next purchase :D

raqball | 16. juli 2019

@AWDTesla.. Well you can blame Tesla if you want but if you did your research before hand you'd know price drops have happened in the past and are inline with the tax credit..

Also, if you are buying a car based on resale then you are doing it wrong.. I don't know a single person who bought a car and thought it was a sound financial decision.. Not a one...

raqball | 16. juli 2019

@AWDTesla if resale plays a part in your vehicle purchasing decision then I'd suggest you seek and get a different financial advisor.. Just sayin' as you can do as you please...

If resale value plays a prt then I don't see how you'd but any vehicle as not a single massed produced vehicle is an appreciating asset.. Not one.. Period!

raqball | 16. juli 2019

@AWDTesla so you are just wanting to online tantrum then? Every massed produced vehicle depreciates! Some more than others and not a single one is a sound financial purchase..

jimglas | 16. juli 2019

Who held that gun to your head and forced you to buy your car?

jamespompi | 16. juli 2019

Wait what happened to my car appreciating? Can I get a front motor added if I call service??!

Joshan | 16. juli 2019

I saw a ford commercial on the 4th of july they were doing 10k off for the holiday. Did you go to their forum and tell them how horrible they were to steal peoples money?

Hp.1193 | 16. juli 2019

Does almost no cost of maintenance + no gas cancel depreciation $ vs buying an ICE since you brought up your Subaru ? ..

Joshan | 16. juli 2019

10k off F150s (their best selling car)

alisse | 16. juli 2019

I don't see the big deal.
When I got my LR RWD (325 mi. range now!) last year, I paid 55K + 2K after for FSD. As closely as I could customize to mine, he current offering is $54,990 (dual motor). So I'd be saving the 2K, but I'd have a wait a year to drive it? SO glad I bought when I did, especially because I got the full $7500 tax credit.

NO RAGERTS

Hp.1193 | 16. juli 2019

+ tax credits *

Joshan | 16. juli 2019

Not to mention if I go to 4 different car dealers (pick your company they all do this) and get a price on the same car with the same options. I will get 4 different prices. But that is a better system, right AWD?

Hp.1193 | 16. juli 2019

Plus your car constantly improves with new updates. Does your Subaru do that ?

Joshan | 16. juli 2019

you are delusional. EVERY CAR MAKER CHANGES THE PRICE. Most just do it on a daily basis and do not tell you. Tels is actually honest about it.

Hp.1193 | 16. juli 2019

All facts.

kaffine | 16. juli 2019

AWDTesla

Even those that I know that trade their cars in resale doesn't play a part in their decision. They buy what they want and sell it when they want something else most just trade it in as well instead of selling themselves for a few thousand more. If they are really considering resale and depreciation they wouldn't be buying new.

Other car companies have large sales when the model year changes and have other various sales of thousands off at times how is that any different?

Joshan | 16. juli 2019

@AWDTesla if you and I both go to 2 different toyota dealers today to get a price ont he exact same car we will get 2 different prices. If we do it again in 2 weeks the price will be different again. You think this is ok and a betetr system? Tesla is honest and tells you exactly what costs and everyone pays the sme price. Not higher based on race, sec, etc like every other manufacturer. That is NOT fanboi, that is a ffact and a worse system to buy a car. But pretend all you want that it is not, you know it is.

Joshan | 16. juli 2019

you are totally ignoring the facts, that the next guy went in after you and liekly got tyhat same car thousands cheaper. While neither of you paid what the dealer said the price really was. they keep it hidden and a mystery.

Joshan | 16. juli 2019

so if Tesla listed a MSRP of 45k and let you call and haggle ont he phone.You would be happy and it would be better? your insane.

Joshan | 16. juli 2019

wow, you trul;y are delusional. I think we have the new Fish.

raqball | 16. juli 2019

@AWDTesla. Are you really just here to troll, online tantrum and call everyone fanbois? Nothing better to do with your time than troll others?

Joshan | 16. juli 2019

flagging this useless thread as it brings zero value to the forum and anyone reading it. It is just the ramblings of one insane person who enjoy buying cars at mystery prices and trying to tell themself they got a better deal than everyone else to sleep at night.

Hp.1193 | 16. juli 2019

These r the ppl that r after money and don’t appreciate what Tesla is doing for the world, big picture. Such a shame.

raqball | 16. juli 2019

@Joshan I think the tread is fine.. AWDTesla decided to derail it so maybe better to flag all his/her posts as discussing the price change is fine in my opinion...

AWDTesla decided to throw the equivalent of a 2-year-old throwing a tantrum in the store after getting told no by their mother on candy at checkout....

Hp.1193 | 16. juli 2019

Oh and EAP is standard on all model 3s, a $3-5k before. Idiot.

jimglas | 16. juli 2019

AWDTesla = FishEV

gat327 | 16. juli 2019

Got mine just at the end of last month. My tax rebate was $3875, starting July 1 the rebate dropped in half ( I believe). Other than the upcharge for the pearl white paint I have, the new price basically represents the difference in what you would get back from the federal tax rebate? Could be wrong, but seems like they are trying to keep the same incentive?

Magic 8 Ball | 16. juli 2019

Nice to see TESLA putting the pressure on everyone to dump ICE and go BEV.

This is not a selfish endeavor folks.

vmulla | 16. juli 2019

Why flag?
It's factual info + member opinions.

Justin.R.Tipton | 16. juli 2019

Meh, the complainers just didn't know about factory rebates, dealer incentives and end of months sales they missed before. Now that they are dealing with a transparent company, they realize they didn't get a good deal and complain. Meh.

jimglas | 16. juli 2019

AWDTesla: Did you get the car you ordered for the price you agreed to pay?
If so, stop whining

raqball | 16. juli 2019

@AWDTesla said:
"Anyone outside of their tesls fanboi world would read this thread and slam their head on the keyboard at the idiocy."

Yeah I agree but my head shaking is at you since you believe vehicles are a sound financial purchase and that resale value should play a major factor in purchasing one...

carlk | 16. juli 2019

Used car price is decided by how it compares to ALL other used cars on the market. If Tesla could make used Model 3 price to drop that action would make all other used car price to drop for at least as much. It's BMW and Honda owners who need to complain if that's case.

Hp.1193 | 16. juli 2019

Giving away an option that will help gain a ton of AP data, which improves AP, which then everyone benefits from? Yes

kaushal | 16. juli 2019

If the price of a car drops by $1K in a few weeks after purchase, it's a bad thing for the buyer. Although, federal tax rebate stuff probably does help. I'm just surprised they didn't announce it on July 2nd.

According to Tesla, demand is better than ever before and they just beat market expectations on # of deliveries for the quarter, if they keep dropping prices like this, I wonder if their losses will double too.

At the end of the day, they are a for-profit company, billion dollar losses per quarter is not sustainable for long.

jjgunn | 16. juli 2019

AWDTesla | July 16, 2019
almost every car buyer buys a car with resale in mind.
----------
If that's the reason you're buying any car, then the best car you can buy is a Tesla.

I buy a car as a tool to use -- not an investment. I feel sorry for you if you're trying to make money re-selling cars. Bzzzz....sorry Hans wrong guess...would ya like to go for Double Jeopardy where the scores can really change??!?!?!!?

Simply ridiculous

raqball | 16. juli 2019

This forum really needs an ignore feature...

I am surprised @AWDTesla is not tantruming on about 14-50 adapters and floor matts no longer being included.... Yet.......

Hp.1193 | 16. juli 2019

PLEASE tell us why you even bought a Tesla ?

Magic 8 Ball | 16. juli 2019

@raqball Several are using the "tesla forum enhancement suite" Google it. If you are here to help others you can't help them avoid trolls if you are ignoring the trolls, just sayn'.

raqball | 16. juli 2019

Thanks @Magic.. I see it's for Chrome and I use Safari... Might need to download Chrome for use on this forum though as the trolls are thick, whiny, and throw some pretty loud tantrums here.. LOL

Pages