Finally, after a month of research (trolling websites more like it), I pulled the trigger on a 2019 Model S (pre Raven I think). And I have a ton of Qs. Some of you may be familiar with them & I would like your input please.
This is a demo/inventory car with about 350 miles. It was in San Diego showroom for a while (???) and got released for purchase a few days back.
My local (Portland, OR) sales adviser saw it & notified me about the discounts, it has EAP instead of FSD, etc .... Color is what I wanted: MSM/Cream. The wheels are standard. Sample pix look good inside & out. But it may be a different tale when I get to pick it up on Aug 5th. (I ordered it yesterday night & got text today about the delivery date.)
The Qs are:
- I'm getting this for just under 80K all inclusive (including the OR sales tax. Yes there is a 0.5% tax on vehicles over a certain $). Is this a good price.
- Any of you get / purchased a 'used/demo/inventory' car? Did you have buyer's remorse after getting it, for not signing up on a brand new one? And if you did, the price alleviate your remorse?
- This is a pre-Raven model I believe. I could not validate the mfg date using VIN. And I think the three most important diff are suspension, front motor, range (Increases by about 40 miles).
- I was told I would get Free Lifetime Supercharging & my sales rep emphatically confirmed it.
- EAP vs FSD: I think the base differences are Stop sign & traffic light recognition - ETA is Aug 16th. Apart from that, is there any major advantage?
- EAP to FSD cost? I was told it is $3K; but have read Tesla has offered sales on it.
Thank you, in advance, for your replies.
Excited to be part of the Tesla family.