Forums

Sentry won't turn off at home...2019.24.4

Sentry won't turn off at home...2019.24.4

Since the latest update, Sentry Mode won't turn off at my home...even though the toggle is turned on to exclude home.
Tried a reboot. No difference.
Appears to be a bug in the latest software, at least as it is related to my June 2018 X100.

Anyone else have this new problem crop up?

artc1688 | 01. august 2019

i turned it off from the car console and on my app, it seems to be working (Sentry mode is off while parked inside of garage)

TeslaTap.com | 01. august 2019

@LTR - Are you sure the car recognizes your "home" location? Might be a GPS issue - for example, if you're in a cement garage, GPS will be dead.

Vawlkus | 02. august 2019

Might need to turn off Sentry mode then reset your settings. That sometimes happens with features.

LTR | 02. august 2019

Although 'home' was still showing the correct physical address, I went ahead and deleted it completely and then re-set it. I had also turned off and then turned off Sentry Mode. Between one or both of those, things went back to normal. Thanks all for the suggestions.

jpfmvp1 | 03. august 2019

Why don’t get lastest update?

dave | 06. august 2019

Sentry no longer turns off using app since 2019.24.4?

Had no issues till this morning after overnight update

roslyn.dahl | 06. august 2019

I have the same issue. Can't turn sentry off at home, but there is no issue with the home GPS location. It works for the work location, so that is more confusing as to what the issue is.

LTR | 07. august 2019

Even if the car still shows 'home' as your home address, for me, deleting it completely and reentering it seemed to do the trick after the update....
Disabling Sentry at home now works normally again.

TeslaTap.com | 07. august 2019

@LTR - Glad you have it fixed and reporting how you did it!