Forums

Tesla App Removed from Google Play Store?

Tesla App Removed from Google Play Store?

Just got a new phone... app is gone, so I can't install it. Kind of annoying. I'm in the United States, in case it is a region thing.

https://www.tesla.com/support/tesla-app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslamotors.tesla&hl=e...

andy.connor.e | 22. august 2019

you probably made this thread because it was headline #2 when you search "Tesla" in google and go to the news tab.

crmedved | 22. august 2019

Or... because I got a new phone and can't install the Tesla app.

jochristian | 22. august 2019

Yep, it's missing for me as well.Whats happening?

jerrykham | 23. august 2019

At least it seems to be back today.

jjgunn | 23. august 2019

I just updated my app. Version 3.9.1 all is working great!!

Tesla FTW!!

rxlawdude | 23. august 2019

Probably due to the new version that got posted.

kellydoitall | 26. august 2019

I am trying to get the app, I did download it then tried to register and it kept saying no product associated . I purchased a 2015 MD85 from a local Mercedes dealer and I already have the registration under my name in hand. I really want to have the car serviced and get an understanding when and how often I need to do that. I called the Lake Destiny service center in Orlando FL just down the road from the dealer I bought it at and couldn't seem to get anywhere using the prompts provided.Can you please point me in the right direction so I can make sure to take care of the car. BTW, My Wife loves the car, and I suspect that I will be purchasing one for myself as soon as I am done with my Mercedes CLS63 AMG, which should be in the next year and a half. I have my eye on the roaster :)
Thank you in advance , Kelly Owen 407-468-1099

rxlawdude | 26. august 2019

It takes Tesla up to 30 days after they are notified of the new owner.

The dealer undoubtedly did not notify Tesla. This puts it into your court of providing Tesla with the your info.

Try the Tesla Support number.

dlapkss | 27. august 2019

A key part of owning a Tesla is managing your car and browsing for upgrades through the powerful Tesla apps on Android and iOS. Drivers with Android phones are currently unable to download the Tesla app, as it has been temporarily removed from the Google Play Store.

As Tesla drivers well know, the app is able to deeply integrate with your car, allowing you to tweak settings, check battery life, and even act as a key both for unlocking and even driving. While the app isn’t necessary for owning and driving a Tesla, it’s hard to imagine not having it anymore, once you’ve gotten used to it.

While setting up his Galaxy Note 10 today, a Redditor noted, via Android Police, that the Tesla app was not available from the Google Play Store. Upon taking a closer look, it was clear that the app has been removed from the Google Play Store altogether, with the listing returning, “Item not found.” This means that it cannot be downloaded, regardless of whether you’ve ever installed it before.

Visit for Android Multi Tools: https://filehorse.org/android-multi-tools/