Forums

Short moves in a garage.

Short moves in a garage.

I have to stop, get out of the car, open the garage door manually, and then drive on in. Is there a way to do this without having to buckle up and wait for the seat to reset itself, close the door, etc., each time I move the car 20 feet? Will the car drive in the 20 feet without having to go through this each time? I cannot put an opener at this particular house as it is rented. My other car will do this, but it is not a Tesla.

TranzNDance | 23. august 2019

Does your car not have Summon?

rxlawdude | 23. august 2019

Or GPS HomeLink?

SCCRENDO | 23. august 2019

Or even a motor on his garage door?? Not sure you need to buckle up just to drive into the garage. But I guess I should knock someone for being safe.

TeslaTap.com | 24. august 2019

@weller - You didn't say if you have an S/X/3. On my S, I don't have to buckle up to move the car 10 feet. If adjusting the seat bothers you, you might turn off Easy Entry. Then you can just hop in and move the car. Shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

EVRider | 24. august 2019

The seat is moving because you have an Easy Entry profile set up. If that bothers you, disable Easy Entry.

Yodrak. | 24. august 2019

"without having to ... close the door, etc."

I think having to close the car door goes for any car. Or not for any car if there's enough space to leave the door open. What is the "etc.", I think you pretty much covered it all so the embellishment detracts from your issue.