Forums

CPO undisclosed paint defect

CPO undisclosed paint defect

I bought a CPO Model 3 AWD and flying out to Denver to pick it up tomorrow.

Decided to take a closer look at the pictures using a better magnification tool and noticed that there is a Quarter size paint chip on the right fender.
I didn't notice this initially since the light reflections were covering it up? Is this something that they are going to fix since it wasn't very visible initially.
I talked to my SA and he said that "he hopes it is just a light reflection" No one from the Denver SC is getting back to me or the SA

kleidg | 30. august 2019

Also, the SA says that they are not responsible for any Cosmetic issues and the Delivery guy says that they will fix anything that wasn't clearly visible in the pictures. Confused

PrescottRichard | 30. august 2019

I doubt it.

There is no CPO program anymore, there is pre-owned,, 71 point inspected. Or something like that, and good luck finding out what the 71 points are! I asked and was told there isn’t a customer facing list. So if the car isn’t acceptable because of the defect then walk away from it.

The cars are pretty much as-is with whichever warranty they’ll offer. Before settling on my 2016 90D I found one Tesla had in Baltimore that seemed to be a great deal. Once I saw the pics I saw rulers in so many of them I knew there were issues! Also the car had what we call Arizona pin striping front to back on one side, like it went through some serious shrubs. Tesla wasn’t trying to fix front end, doors, wheels and rear bumper, they were selling it as is.

That car would have been a good deal had I lived close enough to pick it up :) I wound up going to San Diego for a car with higher milage but much better condition.

I know you didn’t ask for a story, but I think it illustrates my point.

kleidg | 30. august 2019

I just wish they pin pointed these issues. No rulers at all in my car but clearly there is a paint chip in the paint

Here are the pics

https://backwebs.homenetinc.com/tesla/details/@/5YJ3E1EB5JF185499/

PrescottRichard | 30. august 2019

The pics I saw on the silver car I didn’t buy looked like crime scene photos with the rulers :) I think that is supposed to be SOP, but at least you saw it.

Take into consideration - it is a used car. The real question is- is it worth it to you as it is, they are not gonna fix it for you or anyone else at this point. The CPO days are gone. I suppose you can ask for better pics but I haven’t heard of any luck in doing that either.