Forums

Wouldn't be great if....

Wouldn't be great if....

when I got a loaner car from Tesla and I login to the loaner car and all my preset station, favorite streams, seat settings and even features I purchase(AP & fSD) come across to provide a seamless driving! experience.

I got a loaner car the other day and I was on the highway with just cruise control(no AP) and I almost ran into the back of another car because I thought it would at least have ACC....

lilbean | 23. september 2019

...the title was complete.

nukequazar | 23. september 2019

It’s a great idea. Phone app should be able to guest into a car, and set it up.

It’s one of the things that’s great about CarPlay. You get into any car and all the communication and infotainment is yours, like it’s your car.

TranzNDance | 24. september 2019

Elon agreed it was a good idea a while ago.

I have my own Slacker account so it was great to be able to log into it in the loaner car.

andy.connor.e | 24. september 2019

Wouldnt it be great if you asked if it had AP or TACC before driving behind the wheel assuming it did.

lilbean | 24. september 2019

Loaners have AP disabled.

nukequazar | 24. september 2019

And there comes @andy.connor.e to predictably blame the driver for every single problem that ever occurs in any Tesla be use, you know, Tesla.

*because* not be use

NKYTA | 24. september 2019

@bean, I've had multiple loaners with AP available. One when the old EAP first came out.

Is this a new thing?

PrescottRichard | 24. september 2019

LB- I’ve had loaners with AP enabled. That’s part of what got me to trade up so quickly from a 2013 to 2016. I had a P85D loaner that had all kinds of stuff enabled... :P

TabascoGuy | 24. september 2019

@nukequazar "And there comes @andy.connor.e to predictably blame the driver for every single problem that ever occurs..."

Do you have something against common sense? I think it should be a requirement in order to get a drivers license.

@TabascoGuy, it's common sense to not design Cancel Cruise Control and Reverse as the same control motion.

blakamp | 24. september 2019

It’d also be a useful feature for ride sharing or robotaxi applications in the future to auto configure infortainment and other settings for one’s ride.

TabascoGuy | 25. september 2019

@nukequazar, I can't agree or disagree as I wasn't involved in the design choices Tesla made. Either way, that's not the common sense that I was referring to.

sklancha | 25. september 2019

Wouldn't it be great if...

andy.connor.e | 26. september 2019

@nuke

Ok then blame Tesla. Its Tesla's fault that the user assumed all autopilot functions were included with the loaner.

andy.connor.e | 26. september 2019

i just thought of this. After Model 3 came out and Tesla has been getting a ton of media attention. Most car crashes never get any attention, but nearly every single incident with a Tesla gets drywall plastered to the internet. It pretty much brings to light how bad drivers people are.