Forums

Superior, CO SC *finally* getting built out!

Superior, CO SC *finally* getting built out!

For those in Northern Colorado, or passing through, I'm happy to report that workers are finally working on the interior of the Service Center in Superior. The exterior was finished six months or more ago, but the interior work has been on hold. I have no idea of the timeline for completion and opening, but it's nice to see progress on getting this operational.

CST | 29. september 2019

How is it superior to other superchargers?
(I'll show myself out...)

surfpearl | 29. september 2019

Because it will be called Superiorcharger.

Devilstower | 29. september 2019

Wish I could say the same about the one that's been on Tesla's map for over a year at Evansville, IN. Still no sign of even a permit. Without it, there's not only a 175 mile gap in the middle of I-64, there's a whole chunk of Southern Indiana, Western Kentucky that can't be visited unless you're planning an overnight stay to charge.

wayne | 29. september 2019

This is very exciting. I live just up the road in Boulder. Lots of Tesla’s here. Let us know if you learn anything about opening date.

wayne | 29. september 2019

Hmmmm... I notice that property is listed for Sale. However the listing says ‘long term lease to Tesla”. I wonder what that means. Don’t know if this link will work.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/Marshall-Rd-McCaslin-Blvd-Superior-CO/15...

Pierogi | 30. september 2019

@Jwins - thanks for the update. I'm going to have to drive by soon and check out the progress - that's great news!

@wayne - I'm guessing the building is for sale but the sale will include a long term lease with Tesla. In other words, I don't think Tesla is no longer going to be using this beautiful building for their service center.

If I find any additional information I'll share it here.

Pierogi | 09. oktober 2019

I drove by the proposed new service center in Superior on Saturday 10/5 and can confirm they are making progress on the interior (exterior pretty much done). I could see the new structural beams installed for the interior walls, but still a ways to go. With an incredible amount of Teslas in and around the Boulder area, this facility will be a welcome sight!

benichols | 09. oktober 2019

@wayne
That's a good pickup. I agree this is worrisome. It appears that Tesla no longer wants to occupy the space but wants someone else to lease it from them. Bad news if true for the many Teslas north of Denver.

benichols | 09. oktober 2019

My mistake - it looks like the property owner would like to sell the space to someone else but Tesla maintains the long term lease rights. Likely no impact to Tesla's plans.

wayne | 10. oktober 2019

That’s what I am hoping. Tesla would not be continuing construction if they didn’t want to maintain the lease.

wayne | 17. oktober 2019

Drove by today. They are at work on the interior and also landscaping. So far so good.

OrangeinCO | 17. oktober 2019

I was waiting for this service center to open before I had my car looked at for a manufacturing defect!!! But after waiting a year I put in a ticket and dropped it off at a shop near the airport. I'm grateful they fixed the issue, and definitely looking forward to having a more convenient location for any future needs!

jat255 | 05. november 2019

Can't read the full article because I'm not a subscriber, but:

https://bizwest.com/2019/11/04/superior-tesla-dealership-appears-to-have...

From the preview:

"""
Early this year, the Silicon Valley-based electric-car maker announced that it would attempt to cut costs by shifting its sales strategy away from brick-and-mortar dealerships. However, Tesla has since filed documents with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission suggesting that it had decided against such a drastic move away from physical dealership spaces.

Approved by Superior town leaders in early 2018, the 22,000-square-foot sales and service center at the corner of McCaslin Boulevard and Marshall Road was initially expected to open in spring 2019.

The building sat mostly dormant and nearly entirely built for months. However, crews are currently working to complete the interior of the showroom, and Tesla recently joined the Superior Chamber of Commerce.

“‘When is the Tesla dealership opening?’ That’s the No. 1 question I’m asked from people in the community,” Superior Chamber of Commerce executive director T.J. Sullivan told BizWest Monday. “I probably get asked five or six times a week.”

Tesla has been tight-lipped about the status of the Superior showroom and when it may open. Multiple requests for comment over the past several months have gone unanswered.

While he said he couldn’t definitively pin Tesla down on a specific grand-opening date, Superior mayor Clint Folsom confirmed that the company has pulled building permits to complete interior work and could finish as early as next spring.

The sales and service center will be a welcome addition…
"""

jwins | 05. november 2019

I saw a post the other day (can't remember the site) that made me think April would be about when it would open. Wish it was sooner, but glad to see progress being made!