Forums

Smart Summons

Smart Summons

Downloaded upgrade 10.0 today which features the new Smart Summons.

Tried it out at Walgreens. Came out, Summoned from the store entrance. My S backed out, turned, and drove to meet me at the entrance. So cool!

redacted | 01. oktober 2019

Summons is a legal thing. Summon is a Tesla thing.

cbpenn | 01. oktober 2019

I have it and tried it briefly and it worked as it should. I don't think I am going to try it in a busy parking lot though.

Shesmyne2 | 01. oktober 2019

+1cb
+1redacted

Still Grinning ;-)

Haggy | 02. oktober 2019

The feature is called Smart Summon, but the actual command given from the app is technically a summons, since that's what you'd call a request that summons something. In the real world I've never heard it used intentionally for anything but a paper document that summons a person, but an electronic request that orders something or someone to appear meets the literal definition.

Still, if you don't want to look like you don't know what you are saying, it's best to refer to it as Summon. Then we can talk about other stuff such as whether the summons function activated the breaks to stop the car.

Nexxus | 23. oktober 2019

In his best Jethro Bodine voice: "Smart Summons, is that where the court systems subpoenas deliver themselves, Uncle Jed? Sounds like something a double naught spy would get into."

Uncle Jed: "I don't think so Jethro."

Ellie Mae: "No silly, it's where them fancy cars comes and gets you all by themselves!"

Granny: "Go on an git, you three, I got vittles to cook. Darn fancy cars and such, and double naught spys, I do reckon it's going to be the death of me yet."

jjs | 23. oktober 2019

OK, Nexxus. Give us the Gilligan's Island version! :)

barrykmd | 23. oktober 2019

Haggy | October 2, 2019
The feature is called Smart Summon, but the actual command given from the app is technically a summons,

I'd call it a summoning, rather than a summons. I think our most literate forum member is sbeggs. Claudia, any comment?

rxlawdude | 23. oktober 2019

Summoning.