Forums

Tired of Anti Tesla People

Tired of Anti Tesla People

I‘m sick and tired of my ‘friends’ saying cr** which I am sure they know will p*** me off. I own a MS Raven. Just recently a buddy, who drives a Bimmer, said to me, ‘hey, did you hear about the Tesla car fire in Austria?’. I said of course, the media never fails to cover an issue with a Tesla. I imagine there have been plenty of BMW fires, but no one ever hears about those, just Tesla fires or crashes. The media hates Tesla’s so that’s all you’re gonna hear’.

I just moved to the Tesla from an Audi, and while the Tesla is not a German car in terms to fit and finish, I like the MS a lot and I can safely say I will never purchase an ICE car again. But I’m really sick and tired of all of the Tesla negativity.

jimglas | 09. oktober 2019

let him drive your car
that will change his attitude

NKYTA | 09. oktober 2019

Make sure it isn’t on Chill. :-)

dtodd16 | 09. oktober 2019

"Let him drive your car" - tru dat

andy.connor.e | 10. oktober 2019

People focus on what they want to know. If people only want to read about negativity, that in turn is a very negative person that you probably should not waste any of your time with. Feel sorry for that person intentionally surrounding themselves with negativity.

rm760 | 10. oktober 2019

There have been numerous BMW fires.

Darthamerica | 10. oktober 2019

All car brands have "anti" people. All brands have "anti" people. And all new products get disproportionate coverage in the media because it attacks attention which drives ad revenue. Don't worry about it...

NKYTA | 10. oktober 2019

From the Porsche brand horses mouth.
lol

Mike83 | 10. oktober 2019

Also blind to the Climate Crisis; rose colored glasses.

SamO | 10. oktober 2019

Tesla is a special case. The public is being indoctrinated to hate Elon Musk and Tesla. Look at the amount of negative coverage compared to the absolute necessity for at least one captilist company to have a mission to help save the world.

But the array of forces, including all fossil fuels, the largest US defense contractors, the auto dealership cartels, oil cartels, insurance lobby, other auto OEMs who spend billions of $ advertising with normie press.

Yea, I'd say things are a bit different for Tesla than VW/Porsche who have basically received a free pass to murder/gas the general public.

tew ms us | 10. oktober 2019

Don't forget Space X. Elon gets lots of good publicity from it. "Musk runs Tesla? Isn't he the Space X guy?"

Musk likes the media spotlight...You reap what you sow. Also when your premise is that you’re saving the world from a a non existent climate crisis, especially in today’s political climate(no pun intended), people are going to be interested. Otherwise there’s nothing unusual about the way people regard Tesla. It’s the same for everyone.

I think the main point on accelerating the transition, is that oil is a finite resource.

Andy that’s true, it is. But it’s a highly polarizing point today because of the politics regardless of what side of the debate you’re on. That adds additional emotion on top of the usual car enthusiast/hater opinions.

There is no debate that oil is a finite resource.

finman100 | 10. oktober 2019

the climate crisis is real. f##k off tool.

nipper2 | 10. oktober 2019

On ABC
Just In BMW recalls 1 million vehicles for fire risk
BMW Car Fires: More fires reported in parked cars while engines off

Those two articles are not from 2019 just to be clear

BMW recalls 268,000 diesel models in UK over fire risk

BMW recalls 268,000 diesel models in UK over fire risk

BMW adds nearly 185,000 vehicles to recall over fire risk

BMW adds nearly 185,000 vehicles to recall over fire risk

the more times you press the "SAVE" button, the stronger the comment.

My Bad :)

rob | 10. oktober 2019

@OP "... and I can safely say I will never purchase an ICE car again."

My sentiments exactly. Driving by gas stations I like looking at a museum.

I traded in my BMW and it had an open recall on it for fire but there was no fix. At least w

rob | 10. oktober 2019

... when I traded it in.

SamO | 10. oktober 2019

You have the right to your opinion, but not your own facts.

The world is warming due to human activity, specifically burning fossil fuels and deforesting the planet. We are in the midst of a massive extinction and some douche troll claims it is a hoax?

Only scientists woefully compromised by cash payments claim anthropogenic climate change is fake.

Nah bruh. Nobody here is playing your reindeer games. Take stupid somewhere else.

Some people think the climate is weather. And because there are not killer storms every day, "theres no problems". Whelp, wrong.

Mike83 | 10. oktober 2019
TranzNDance | 10. oktober 2019

It looks like the Honda driver used the break pedal.

finman100 | 10. oktober 2019

i see what u did there. nice.

David N | 10. oktober 2019

“Tired of Anti Tesla People”
Submitted by flickroll on October 9, 2019
Unfortunately, most anti Tesla people have gotten their knowledge of Tesla from watching/listening and reading poor journalism. Sad.

bwong24 | 11. oktober 2019

Tesla haters - it's human nature. ICE lovers have spent a lifetime worshiping cars with big, loud engines. Now, with the emergence of the modern EV, their prize vehicles are quick becoming second rate. Some are smart enough to change with the tides. Others cannot tolerate learning their lifetime beliefs are now invalid, so to cope, they strike out with insults, keying, 'ICE-ing' , "Coal Rolling"...

Darthamerica | 11. oktober 2019

Andy I agree that it's a finite resource. But not in the immediate future. Not anytime soon. Right now it's the best resource we have absolutely vital to modern human living standards. California is suffering today because of foolish idealistic plans to rely on unreliable renewable energy sources that are not able to meet demand. That kind of fanatical environmental policy is a turn off to people and motivates some of the "anti" people who see Tesla owners as virtue signaling. I would say we are finally at the point where EVs like Tesla are a good choice for many people. But the loud obnoxious climate alarmist among us are a stigma. That's why it's good that Tesla doesn't go too far towards the we are saving the world angle and focuses on what will win people over. Teslas are just fun to drive. EV need to bring cost down so that they aren't seen as elitist toys. That will dry up some of the haters. We aren't quite at the point where any potential car buyer can get a BEV at a good price and not have to make significant lifestyle changes. That will change over the next 10 years in the US and EU. About 20 years after that the rest of the world. By then bEVs will be just another one of the options along side ICEVs. People will then choose based on their unique situation without just cost being a blocker. There will be other serious BEV manufacturers by then and much of the Tesla hate will be limited to just car enthusiasm and not rejection of social justice or rejection of climate alarmism. However through the end of the century most of these BEVs will still be fossil fuel powered due to supply and demand.

andy.connor.e | 11. oktober 2019

"foolish idealistic plans to rely on unreliable renewable energy sources that are not able to meet demand."

What renewable energy sources are unreliable and incapable of meeting energy demands?

TranzNDance | 11. oktober 2019

Who cares about the future. ICE sucks right now. I drop off my son at school in a line of cars. I walk him to the sidewalk. I need to pick between walking in front of or behind my car. One time I picked in front of my car because my car wasn't going to move forward and hit us. Right then the SUV in front of my car started up the engine and blasted toxic and stinky exhaust into our faces.

Even a pedestrian who doesn't have kids would encounter situations when a ICE-V would block a sidewalk or crosswalk and end up having to walk behind the vehicle. People take the stink for granted and they used to do that for cigarette smoke. Once they experience clean air they would not want to go back unless they've gotten something wrong with them.

If people have trouble seeing the issue with ICE they should suck an exhaust pipe.

SamO | 11. oktober 2019

Trolls literally won’t acknowledge stationary batteries which allow use of renewable energy 24 hours/day.

You don’t even understand physics let alone energy.

Shoo fly.

SamO as I told you, as this week showed you, we cannot yet build batteries in enough volume to handle the storage needs at the macro level. Enjoy the blackouts and your attitude towards reality is why Tesla gets some of the hate it does...

andy.connor.e | 11. oktober 2019

Looks like they did half the work and expected a full system functionality. Solar does NOT work without storage somewhere. Yes, thats right, people are figuring out solar does not protect you against a blackout if you do NOT have battery storage somewhere. I was told this when i called and inquired about Tesla solar, and i was also told this when the representative came and assessed my house.

This realization from the article is not a "case study" if you will that proves its unreliable. It proves that they did half the work and are now realizing that you do in fact need an engine in order to start your car.

Do you have another example?

Tesla-David | 11. oktober 2019

Yep @SamO, we have been enjoying being a microgrid for 9+ months of the year after adding two Tesla PW2's to our existing solar system 15 months ago. Works great and we would weather any power outages without a hitch!

SamO | 11. oktober 2019

@David,

This FUD comes out when he companies with the most to lose have a garbage product. If we were to design energy delivery from first principles, we would NOT dig stuff up and burn it.

We would collect renewables like wind and solar and store energy in batteries for when those sources are variable.

Hard to ignore when Australian utility companies are earning $40M/year and when homeowners will never have an A/C, heat or car fuel bill again.

:-)

#DriveFree

Andy the issue is that we can’t build batteries fast enough to store the amount of energy needed. The concept works, the application and logistics are still no where near ready. Thats the problem some of you don’t understand at the macro level. This is why we can’t simply walk away from fossil fuels. Ignorance of that is why some people are “anti-Tesla”.

TabascoGuy | 11. oktober 2019

Ignorance is why some people are “anti-Tesla”.

There, fixed that for ya DA.

Oh I see... anybody who doesn’t like Tesla is ignorant. Got it! I guess that’s a good way to shift the sentiment.

SamO | 11. oktober 2019

We could easily walk away from fossil fuels. Tomorrrow.

“As the sociologist Stanley Cohen noted in his classic study of denial, there is an important distinction between denial that is personal and psychological, and denial that is institutional and organised.

The former involves people who deny the facts to themselves, but the latter involves the denial of facts to others, even when these "merchants of doubt" know the truth very well.

It is well established that fossil fuel companies have long known about climate change, yet sought to frustrate wider public understanding.

A comprehensive analysis of documentations from ExxonMobil found that, since 1977, the company has internally acknowledged climate change through the publications of its scientists, even while it publicly promoted doubt through paid advertorials.”

https://www.sciencealert.com/why-do-some-people-still-think-climate-chan...

Denial of reality. You cannot walk away from fossil fuels that quickly. This is a century long process. You do not understand the state of the art, scale and timing for something like this. If you said alternatives to fossil fuels could be phased in over a century as we develop and deploy new technologies, then I would agree. But it wont happen before then, and fossil fuels will still coexist along side newer technologies.

TabascoGuy | 11. oktober 2019

I said some people, not you. We all know why you are anti-Tesla.

Xerogas | 11. oktober 2019

Exponential transition is hard for people to understand. We did it with phones, and with internet, both of which have huge infrastructure.

SamO | 11. oktober 2019

Tesla is about to announce the path to 1 TWh of battery production.

https://insideevs.com/news/361954/tesla-1-twh-battery-cells/

Baby steps, you’ll be walking by 2050...

Pages