Forums

xice 3 vs. LM32

xice 3 vs. LM32

I have run the Michelin Xi3 the last two winters but have been reading the Blizzak are superior and have released a new WS90.

I ordered and got a call from the tire rack that the WS90 doesn't meet XL load requirements for the S, and they have suggested the LM32.

Based on some off the cuff research the LM32 is more performance, less winter. I had the Pirelli Scorpion for a few years also - more on the performance side as well. I was
wondering if the LM32 will be a worse choice than sticking with the Xi3 for another go around this winter.

We're not driving the frozen tundra every day, but I do like the added safety and we are in the mountains most weekends with all the other weeekend warrior skiers.

Thanks!

Bighorn | 23. oktober 2019

Blizzak and XIce are on par with one another. I prefer the Michelin for dry traction and longevity. Similar snow performance.

prakovich | 23. oktober 2019

@bighorn thank you

I used to buy the cheaper of the two which varies from year to year, but after an X-Ice set last me nearly twice as long, I'll opt for those. Actually, just helped the UPS guy unload my latest set 5 minutes ago.

prakovich | 23. oktober 2019

I was happy w/ them compared to the Pirellis last two seasons. How many seasons are you getting on the x3's?

I used them 12 months straight until a pot hole took one out--I was at 58k miles. No other brand has made it significantly past 30k. Normally, in spring I'm anxious to change out because of wheel spin, but these didn't do that, so I just let it ride:)