Forums

How long until delivery of Tesla Winter wheel package?

How long until delivery of Tesla Winter wheel package?

I ordered these a couple of weeks ago:
https://shop.tesla.com/product/model-x-19_-cyclone-wheel-and-winter-tire...
I was told I would get an email when they are shipped
Haven't heard anything.
Does anybody have any experience with what my ETA might be?

jimglas | 15. november 2019

I did email the service center
But, of course, no response

reed_lewis | 15. november 2019

Welcome to the world of ordering items to be installed by a service center. I ordered 18" winter wheel/tire package for my Model 3, and have not heard anything either. The only response to an email from the store is that they cannot track it (I do not understand why), and the local center knows nothing also.

One would think that they would like to make some money?

andy.connor.e | 15. november 2019

Possible they dont have the spare parts available for purchase as they are needed for production and service stockpile (not stocking at service for sale but for replacements as needed). But i dont know, im bsing right now. But if it were me, and i paid for something that was taking this long, i'd cancel and try another time or a different place.

We are talking about the winter tire/wheel sets. Not standard equipment or replacement parts.

andy.connor.e | 15. november 2019

Oh haha duh, then idk really. Order backed up or negligence. Either way i'd still probably cancel, maybe they need to hear the threat to get the order pushed through. Some people do.

wfickas | 15. november 2019

I ordered a winter set for my M3 at the beginning of October. I emailed at the end of October when I still hadn't got any update and they replied it could take up to 6 weeks. I emailed again at the beginning of this week and have not heard back yet. It's been three snow storms since my original order and I would love to have my tires swapped. I would have ordered earlier, but they have the warnings that they won't hold onto them at the service center more than a few days and I didn't want to drive around on winter tires all through September. Ack.

like you, I wish I had ordered earlier, but was waiting until winter

mialink | 16. november 2019

Last year it took a month or two (ordered in September or October and received late in November), the only notification was from my service center when they arrived.

jimglas | 16. november 2019

thanks for the info mia

wfickas | 18. november 2019

Just got an email that my tires/wheels arrived. Earliest installation appointment time is Dec 26th! Aside from dealing with another month of snow, I'm concerned that the shop has dire warnings that they won't hold onto them very long. I hope that takes into account their own delays.

andy.connor.e | 18. november 2019

You can get tires installed anywhere. But personally, i probably wouldnt want anyone else to do it.

wfickas | 18. november 2019

@andy.connor.e This is true, although I'd have to go get them from the Service Center and the installation comes with the purchase price. I could go buy the appropriate jack pad for my low profile jack and do it myself, if it comes to that :D

mialink | 18. november 2019

I installed them myself this year, went super easy. For the price the SC wanted to swap ($125) I purchased a set of 4 jack point adapters with cash to spare.

briandpapa | 23. november 2019

I ordered the winter tire package in mid September, and am still waiting for delivery. Have contacted customer service a few times. I was told at the end of October they would be delivered in the next week. Followed up two weeks later and was told they were not able to see where in the process the package was or when it would be delivered. I’ll likely cancel in the next day or two and order from TireRack with delivery in a few days. Pretty disappointing.

jimglas | 23. november 2019

they went dark and no info since order placed a month ago. 2 snowstorms in the interim.
Fingers crossed .....