Forums

Vehicle Ownership Change problem

Vehicle Ownership Change problem

For more than two months I am trying to transfer my car to my Tesla account. In order to do that I have tried to follow steps on Tesla Account Support page. The “contact us” link does not work properly. I tried IE and Chrome. The message is simple: too many redirects. Clearing cookies does not help. So how to proceed with?
Finally I was able to fill the form but no response for more than month.
I sent several emails to accountsupportEMEA@tesla.com but I got just an automatic answers.
I spoke twice with support over phone but no valid answer and no progress yet
I spoke several times with local TESLA representative here in Czech Republic no valid answer no progress yet

How to get a response from TESLA to my more than one month pending request for transfer ownership? I haven't seen so non-responsive company during my life.

EVRider | 21. november 2019

I don’t know what your options are outside the US, but in general you just have to be persistent and keep following up until you get a response. That’s what I’ve done for different issues. Submit the form again, and keep sending e-mail.

According to the Contact link below, the local Tesla phone number for the Czech Republic is 0228 882 612, so try that.

teslas | 11. desember 2019

I am very disappointed by Tesla's approach to pairing the account with the vehicle. I bought a new car for 90,000 euros and in 10 days no one even bothered to reply to my email (sended to accountsupportemea@tesla.com). The car has a number of problems (update does not work, weak wifi signal, all the videos from the on-board camera and sentry are only 595 bytes long, I did not repair the windscreen washer myself). On the helpline they told me that the pairing couldn't speed up. I regret buying Tesla.

teslas | 11. desember 2019

228 882 612 - I called this number too, the lady on the other hand told me she had no way to solve it :-(

jimglas | 11. desember 2019

teslas is the latest FUD troll

Tldickerson | 11. desember 2019

@jimglas, do you know this person or just presuming?

jimglas | 11. desember 2019

posting same stuff on multiple threads is usually a troll
just presuming

vthoma11 | 15. desember 2019

it took 15mins i used the tesla app and sent the required documents there

Magnetti | 21. desember 2019

How did you manage to use the app for ownership change? I cannot even log in to the app as it says “no Tesla products connected to your user...”.
Have been waiting 4 weeks now after buying a used model s and sending mailto:accountsupportEMEA@tesla.com

themoores | 21. desember 2019

If you login to your Tesla account, scroll to the bottom of the page -you can "add vehicle" this takes you through some prompts; to load the VIN number, then it asks you to load a copy of your registration and drivers license. You then get an automated response that Tesla has received your request and will respond within 72 hours. I bought my S through a 3rd party a couple months ago, was dealing with the same frustrations as you and finally Tesla added the features described above- once I submitted my data I got an email that the car had been added to my account- with in 3 days-- I was then able to download the Tesla App and everything worked perfect.

themoores | 21. desember 2019

To be specific, when you are in your account, click on your "Account profile" then scroll to the bottom and you will see the ability to add the vehicle

Hi ! Thanks you so much ! Seems that it is a bit different on my local site (located in Norway). I have the contact form, but no "add wehicle".. I can try the "Transfer ownership of wehicle" as I only sent a mail in the beginning. Strange that there are no possibility to upload documents though...

The "add wehicle" showed up briefly, but disapeared when I clicked it. Not possible to get it to show up again. Driving me crazy.. Also tried 3 different webbrowsers; chrome, IE and firefox but no luck. Could it be that the "add wehicle" is only for the US and not for EU and Europe ?

The "add wehicle" showed up briefly, but disapeared when I clicked it. Not possible to get it to show up again. Driving me crazy.. Also tried 3 different webbrowsers; chrome, IE and firefox but no luck. Could it be that the "add wehicle" is only for the US and not for EU and Europe ?

GoldAK47 | 22. desember 2019

call roadside assistance. I had issues till I told them, then it was fixed within 12hrs.

fungey | 12. februar 2020

Hi Guys,

I have emailed accountsupportemea@tesla.com to get my vehicle added to my Tesla account. There was no add vehicle when I’m logged in. I emailed them copies of my V5C and drivers license. Hope that’s enough? Not much on the website to help.
Thanks in advance

edmundjung29 | 19. februar 2020

Hello,
i have the same Problem, i dont have a "add wehicle" in my Germany account, i also send all my documents 5 tims to accountsupportemea@tesla.com, but no respon, no Ticket/case or any message.

best regards