Forums

ugly truck as ugly as they come I have an X

ugly truck as ugly as they come I have an X

this is even ugly as a military vehicle It just will not sell and will ruin Teasla, I'm so sorry it is so ugly

Cybertruckee | 22. november 2019

Still hoping for a redesign. I anticipated a military humvee or a Land Rover approximates with Elon's promise of tactical looks.

Am hurting twice today wiith my Tesla stocks tanking with market and truck buyers' disappointments.

Bud33bud33 | 22. november 2019

just plan ugly. I would never buy it

PrescottRichard | 22. november 2019

You are not everyone. I see a LOT of people braving the critics and proclaiming they put the deposit down.

We will see in two years what happens, but I think right now the truck is separating the young from the old.

TranzNDance | 22. november 2019

Many people thought the Model 3 was ugly, too. Also, the Leaf. People would still buy them if it fits their needs.

It_happens | 22. november 2019

"TranzNDance: Many people thought the Model 3 was ugly, too. Also, the Leaf. People would still buy them if it fits their needs."

Sure, you're right. This is the place to go if you need an ugly vehicle.

TAC | 22. november 2019

I hope they dont change a thing. i see it with a dif set of eyes. its pure beauty. no fluff, no lipstick. streamlined and clean AF. reminds me of the lambo countach.

Bud33bud33 | 22. november 2019

just plan ugly. I would never buy it

rielley | 22. november 2019

"We will see in two years what happens, but I think right now the truck is separating the young from the old."

Put my deposit down this morning, I'm 58. Must be the old folks buyin' 'em!

carlk | 22. november 2019

A lot of people will buy it regardless or because they like the look. Elon likes it. The best comment I've heard on the forums is: I'm buying one and I'm from TN. This looks redneck enough for me. As for you you can stick to your old sissy Land Rover. No intend to insult just saying beauty is in the eyes or the beholder and everyone has a different perception.

@PrescottRichard has a good point. If you ever been to cool places where young people gather you'd wonder why they's willingly to dress so ugly.

TranzNDance | 22. november 2019

@ It_happens That wasn't my point at all but you are entitled to your opinion.

TabascoGuy | 22. november 2019

Do you always say things twice Bud bud?

Shohn | 22. november 2019

My first reaction was ugly, then it grew on me. This is likely still prototype styling and will get TLC as production begins. Reminds me of something from the Movie Tron. I like that it's not cookie cutter, and dares to be different. Its all business from durability, performance and aerodynamics.

T34Bravo | 22. november 2019

I think it's awesome. Probably be some redesigns before production but I hope it keeps this flavor. I already have on on order!

egonzo21 | 22. november 2019

It grows on you quick. I'm in love. All other cars and trucks now look "plastic" by comparison.

RNEberun20 | 22. november 2019

This whole thing was an epic disappointment. We waited up last night (me, my wife, and 2 daughters) as we have been waiting for the opportunity to see what we had all but decided we were going to buy. We have all been obsessed with tesla since before we even took delivery of our 2014 Model S and our love for Tesla has only grown from there. Within seconds of seeing this thing my eleven year old daughter says "wow...they really shit the bed with that thing." I instinctively scolded her because of the language and because we don't make disparaging comments about Tesla of Musk in the house. I told her "I think we are being punked...I bet that is just a cover over top of the real truck." We looked on in absolute horror as it became apparent that this was actually the thing they are planning to bring to marked. I then had to apologize to my daughter as what I saw on that screen is the definition of shitting the bed. I was ready to buy sight unseen never imagining that Tesla could come out with something so bad. I knew they would go unibody...so Im thinking Honda Ridgeline was a worst case scenario, and I think most would agree that this would have been pretty bad. This is a far more horrible design than I would ever have imagined. I even got up this morning and had to take another look as I hoped that it had all just been a bad dream. My mood only got worse as I looked the "truck" up and down and realized that this was the actual design. I don't even care about the broken glass. It was a dumb stunt anyway. I don't care if that thing was ballistic missile proof I would rather drive a rusted out Ford ranger than that thing, and it makes me a little sick to my stomach as I say that because I love Tesla and Musk and their goals and everything that they stand for. Im begging that please someone at Tesla come to their senses and completely overhaul this thing before bringing it to market. Think truck....looking somewhat like every other truck because the thing that was on stage last night will never see mainstream appeal, and that is was Tesla needs not just for the company but for helping to bring about an electric future.

egonzo21 | 22. november 2019

Sorry you feel that way @RNE............but its okay.

The bed was not shat, it was taken out and burned and now we sleep in a hammock. I love hammocks haha

Also the point was to reinvent the Truck. The future looks great! Can't wait!

andy.connor.e | 22. november 2019

Im kind of sorry how ugly it looks as well. But its functionality is something i almost cannot pass up.

nipper2 | 22. november 2019

@TAC I agree I ordered one. He did tell everyone what to expect why is everyone surprised?

jimglas | 22. november 2019

I love the look
to bad I have no need for a truck

Weston X90D | 22. november 2019

The thing is clearly polarizing. On the one hand you got to hand it to Elon for having the balls to put this out. It's this kind of bravery and disregard for the predictable that has allowed Tesla to be what it is today.

Other examples:

1. Falcon Door
2. Super Chargers
3. No 3rd party Dealers
4. Ludicrous mode
5. Mobile Service

On the other hand it's such a departure from conventional design, it's no wonder that the general public is reacting so negatively. In my humble opinion, what happened was the Tesla did not control the narrative of the design. What I mean by that is if you look at early posts where enthusiasts were predicting what the car would look like, you saw pictures of vehicles of the Mars rover and urban assault vehicles. Everyone was expecting something like this.

Obviously the need of secrecy behind this naturally dictates giving up control , but teaser pics should have revealed more. From there, the public's reaction would possibly have dictated a change in design, or would have at least readied the public for what they would see. No one expected this.

Will people buy it? Absolutely. There's a segment of the society that will love this, and this will snowball into more people buying in once they actually see this in action. The specs alone are impressive enough and the evolution of electric cars into trucks is obvious. The problem is that a more conventional design would have resulted in more earlier sales. I think the low $100 dollar deposit is a sign that corporate knew this was not going to be received with open arms from the general public.

Short sellers are going to have a field day with this, and along with the media, will create a lot more unnecessary headache for Elon. The dude has accomplished so much. Some may argue that Tesla is a public company - that he needs to respect the investors who are willing to buy his stock. That's true, but to anyone who is fooling themselves that that Elon is NOT Tesla, and vice versa, should sell. And, if your going to complain about the bad, you better be jumping up and down when it's good. Otherwise your a hypocrite. Tesla success is all about him and his decisions. Chin up sir....

BTW, I will buy that truck.

hcwhy | 22. november 2019

It certainly makes a statement! I'm glad there's someone out there not following the herd. I'm in the camp that likes the design.

TeslaTap.com | 22. november 2019

In talking to people that have seen the Cybertruck, it seems fairly evenly divided. Love it vs. Hate it. Not many in between. Still, if 50% of the people love it, Tesla has another huge hit on their hands.

The standard automotive trucks seem so pedestrian in comparison to me. I like the Cybertruck, but don't need a truck and it would never fit in my garage!

Epley | 22. november 2019

It's definitely different, but in a cool way. It reminds be of the Deloran: stainless steel and straight lines, as opposed to the beautiful curvy S and arching lines of the X. Anyone can buy a pickup that looks like a pickup. I'd rather have a space-age rocket.

michael | 22. november 2019

Lovely truck. Absolutely lovely. It's not the same old same old. Order submitted. Yahoo!

mikeng6274 | 22. november 2019

I like it and ordered it. If one think it is bad, keep your negative thinking for yourself.

mikeng6274 | 22. november 2019

"Trucks have been the same for a very long time," Musk said during the unveiling at the company's design center outside Los Angeles. "Like a hundred years, trucks have been basically the same. We want to try something different."

IflyI95 | 22. november 2019

Time will tell. Hopefully, in the coming weeks/months, we will hear great news regarding a huge number of pre-orders. If we hear nothing, we will also know.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but personally, I'm in the camp that believes it heard Ford, GM, Rivian and the like give a giant, collective, sigh of relief last night.

IflyI95 | 22. november 2019

Oh, and the shorts, too.

NKYTA | 22. november 2019

“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but personally, I'm in the camp that believes it heard Ford, GM, Rivian and the like give a giant, collective, sigh of relief last night.”

Except after hours was up for TSLA.

Total Oops on the glass. Specs underneath the perceived ugliness are pretty massive.

thalore | 23. november 2019

The beauty of this thing, is the fact that it's ultra minimalist, and the fact that a lot of people are turned off by it. Do you follow the pack? or do your own thing? That is exactly who this truck is appealing to. And just like the model S,3, and X have always turned heads and got plenty of conversations started in parking lots. This thing will be that times 10. I can see a lot of "Truck people" coming up to me getting out of this thing asking all sorts of questions.

zybane | 23. november 2019

Oh god the X is by far uglier. Like a model S inflated with compressed air for soccer moms.

The CyberTruck is a piece of modern art.

wmcgregs | 23. november 2019

Love it, just ordered it. I don't want anything to change.

bgbythsea | 23. november 2019

I think I heard that the Eiffel Tower was considered ugly by many before or just after it was built. In years or decades from now, the cybertruck may well be seen as the most significant breakthrough trendsetter into futuristic design. My first reaction was “OMG it’s fuknugly”. But I’m warming up to it and am considering placing a reservation. The more I look at it, the less weird it looks. IF I fast forward to 2030 or 2040 I can imagine a world in which the CYBRTRK doesn’t look weird at all but beautiful in it’s sleekness without compromising utility.

hcwhy | 23. november 2019

The CyberTruck is badass to the bone.......it's purposefully engineered, not styled.

andy.connor.e | 23. november 2019

I could care less about style if the truck is literally built to last 100 years. When you're on your 5th car purchase, i'll be laughing.

RedVixen | 23. november 2019

67 and ordered the trimotor. The design seems to maximize the specs while keeping the price low. A sports car a truck all in one. I guess I’m to old to care what it looks like.

church70 | 23. november 2019

The fact that it’s ugly is what makes it cool and unlike any other pick up truck unique like many at first I thought it was ugly but I’m actually warming up to it quite quickly I think I want one There’s no doubt when you see that thing you’re going to know exactly what it is

It has the simplistic futuristic look, and it happens to be almost dent proof. Futuristic things are built to last a very long time in my opinion. This will be the first vehicle i can see to last a generation.

Uncle Paul | 23. november 2019

I also have a Model X.

Purchased it for what it can do, not because of how it looks.

Weston X90D | 23. november 2019

Btw, according to the website, tri motor option will begin production 1 year after the dual motor. Looks like there will be more than 1 color too.

Btw, according to the website, tri motor option will begin production 1 year after the dual motor. Looks like there will be more than 1 color too.

Whoops sorry about that

Whoops sorry about that

Whoops sorry about that

@Weston

Everytime you press the save button to post your comment it counts as a post. Only hit it once :)

Posted first msg and then put my phone in my pocket... must have been butt dialing. Second msg im at beach so it was a slow connection and the confirmation that i pressed " save" was delayed.

Either way.. my apologies!

Yodrak. | 23. november 2019

It's not ugly, it's just so different from most anything we've seen before. Certainly less ugly than a Tesla semi with a pickup bed where the trailer hookup belongs.

Some people will buy it because of its uniqueness and because they like Teslas. Pickup buyers, in general, won't buy it because it doesn't look like a typical pickup and because pickup buyers, in general, hate Teslas. I won't buy it because I have no need for, and so won't buy, any pickup.

I would buy it if that's what the Model S and Model X refreshes look like. (I always wanted a DeLorean.)

Pages