Forums

Hong Kong map navigation steps are only in Chinese

Hong Kong map navigation steps are only in Chinese

Just took delivery of a new Model 3, Standard Range Plus. Running the latest software on the car (10.x). Using the English interface (I cannot read Chinese).

In Navigation, English searching for destinations works. Map labels are bilingual, in English and Chinese, so that's fine.

However, when I start the navigation, all the displayed route steps are in Chinese. The voice says "turn left, turn right" etc in English, but never names any streets as we drive along. The delivery guy at Tesla had no clue why this was happening. He tried rebooting, switching the interface to Chinese and then back to English, but still no joy.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Sparky | 27. november 2019

Are the displayed route steps shown in Chinese character? Can you tell if it is Mandarin or Cantonese?

Pg3ibew | 27. november 2019

Where do you live?

Magic 8 Ball | 27. november 2019

Navigating Hong Kong, I presume.

@magic, you know what happens when you ASSUME.

Yes, I do. Care to wager : )

Sparky | 27. november 2019

The reason I ask about the language is that I know that Beijing blocks internet content and they may be blocking the nav map database. If so it speaks more about the problems of HK than it does about the issue with the car.

@Magic, I aint looking to wager anything. I asked a question. And it seems the OP was so concerned, he decuded he didnt need to come back and resd responses.

Cluck cluck cluck
; )