Forums

Speed limit warning options

Speed limit warning options

Out of the beep and display speed limit warning options, beep is very clear. It has a unique beep when I cross speed limit + my threshold. However, I have never noticed any display warning when I set to display option.

Where does that warning display? screenshot would be helpful if you have.

JAD | 09. desember 2019

The displayed speed limit sign gets bigger.

M3phan | 09. desember 2019

The only visual is the speed limit sign icon pulses a little larger then back to normal size.

Bighorn | 09. desember 2019

The little speed limit sign gets a little bigger (and brighter, maybe?). Not at all obvious, obviously.

And who says people get crucified for asking innocent questions? Three simultaneous answers that seem to contradict the trolling accusations.

M3phan | 09. desember 2019

Boom

Magic 8 Ball | 09. desember 2019

Yup, no whiny blame, no accusations, just a straight forward inquiry gets treated with the respect it deserves.

Of course, FRAUD!, CLASS ACTION!!, and LEMON!!!! were nowhere to be found in the OP.

ICEMELT | 09. desember 2019

Thanks everyone! This was an easy miss for me.

Magic 8 Ball | 09. desember 2019

Now GFY

Kidding ; )

Next time, RTFM:)

ICEMELT | 09. desember 2019

You are right Bighorn. Another miss!

"If you set the speed limit warning to Display (see Controlling Speed Assist on page 105) and exceed the determined speed limit, the speed limit sign on the touchscreen increases in size."

And I say that in jest because I never read manuals:) I prefer to press all the buttons and see what happens.

CharleyBC | 09. desember 2019

Yeah, the pulse is subtle. What are the odds you’ll be looking at the display at the moment you exceed the limit? And it’s so easy to inadvertently speed in a Tesla! A more conspicuous pulse might be nice, like a red shadow or something. I’ve been considered turning the beep on to see whether I find it annoying. Haven’t yet...

CharleyBC | 09. desember 2019

“ And I say that in jest because I never read manuals:) I prefer to press all the buttons and see what happens.”

Just don’t fiddle with the one that says “Eject”. :)

Nexxus | 08. januar 2020

Big Horn with the mic drop! It's all about the attitude of the OP.

@CharleyBC, Don't hit the "Red" one! In any case, don't panic!