Forums

Brother bought a 3 and gave the rep my referral code. It's been months and I never got credit.

Brother bought a 3 and gave the rep my referral code. It's been months and I never got credit.

My brother bought his Model 3 and took delivery in August.
He used my referral code but I haven't gotten any indication that it had been applied to my account successfully.
The referrals column in my app still shows 0 now, four months later. :(
Who can we talk to in order to get the referral applied successfully?

EVRider | 23. desember 2019

If you brother didn't actually use the referral link to order the car, but instead gave the code to a rep to use, there's no guarantee the referral was actually used. You and your brother should talk to the same rep who allegedly used the referral code.

reed_lewis | 23. desember 2019

It is doubtful that you will get the code added after delivery. It shows up immediately when the order has it associated. You should have taken care of this before delivery.

michelrozon | 26. desember 2019

The referral code is a Hoax!

Mattski30 | 27. desember 2019

I ordered a MR+ using a referal code/link, then, just recently, after no VIN had been assigned, switched the order over the phone to an inventory LR (which I take delivery on today). How do I check that the referral code has still been applied? (I did reach out to my friend, but he just congratulated me without actually confirming it is showing on his account)

reed_lewis | 27. desember 2019

You can call the salesperson to make sure the code is associated with the order.

Billp19 | 29. desember 2019

A friend of mine used my referral code to buy a MS in October. The promotion at that time was 2k free miles of supercharging. The referral shows up in my Tesla account page but no free miles. Sent an email to Tesla and got back a stock reply saying I couldn’t use my referral code after the fact. Huh? Responded to the email and nothing. Tesla Loop is alive and well...

Ross1 | 30. desember 2019

I was given a referral code when I ordered my Cybertruck.
My friend used it to order his own CT but it has not been acknowledged by Tesla.

Q: Are CT referrals working?

My referral code:
https://ts.la/ross53249

reed_lewis | 30. desember 2019

You cannot buy a cyber truck with a referral code because it is not being sold as of yet. You are only placing a deposit.

Scarab | 30. desember 2019

This is not that uncommon it seems. I gave a referral code with mine and never got anything, neither did the person whose code I used. I contacted them and they told me I needed to do it during purchase.