Forums

The model x is so bad. Voice recognition “fixed”

The model x is so bad. Voice recognition “fixed”

Ok. Issue fixed I guess?

My wife and I were both having voice command recognition issues. Often we would speak, and the vehicle would not recognize anything going on.

On my way to work I realized what the issue was, the network card in the car. The car keeps searching for WiFi if you leave it on, and because the car communicates with Tesla servers for voice commands it never recognizes any input and is internally confused.

I came up with the idea of turning off WiFi. And ever since we did this, both the model 3 and the model x have been having NO issues with voice command. (For now, but I can’t wait to come across the next glitch in these cars)

This is how idiotic this product is. The “solution” is to turn off a component built for the car. 100k and can’t even get a functioning network card. Oh I guess make that 100k plus the 3yr lease on the model 3. What nonsense.

Disappointed. Disappointed. Disappointed.

Weak. Weak. Weak.

ruthieX | 11. januar 2020

Did your problems with voice command start with the latest software version? Or maybe when Premium Connectivity for free went away? I've had my Model X for 1.5 years and have not had more than intermittent issues with voice commands. I was always asking the car to "Navigate to ____" and "Call ______". Now, with the latest software upgrade that's supposed to allow us to get our car to do more things with our voice commands (like set temperature, turn on seat heaters, etc.), I suddenly can't get my car to respond to any of my commands, even the old ones!

Mrotr565 | 11. januar 2020

Weak. This isn’t buyers remorse. I looked it up. This is total incompetence at Tesla HQ.

Mrotr565 | 11. januar 2020

Weak. This isn’t buyers remorse. I looked it up. This is total incompetence at Tesla HQ.

lilbean | 12. januar 2020

What do you prefer: cheddar or Swiss? Asking for a friend.

sunsinstudios | 12. januar 2020

Some people just like to get drunk on the whine

lilbean | 12. januar 2020

Yep

m.a.joanisse | 14. januar 2020

Wifi is off automatically when you put the car in drive.