Forums

Possible new recordI

Possible new recordI

I think that we approaching a new record! Firmware Ver:2019.40.50.7 has been current for longer than any update that I can remember.

vmulla | 17. januar 2020

Didn’t feel like it

derotam | 17. januar 2020

Yeah, I was just thinking that. I think there were about 4 major firmware pushes in December. There were 2 in November.

hokiegir1 | 17. januar 2020

I've gone 45 days between updates. We're at 2 weeks. It's far from a record yet.

@hokiegirl: I think the point of the OP was the time between Firmware releases in general, not time between updates for a single individual. According to Teslafi, there is one person(with a Model 3 I might Add) still on 2018.42.4.

@derotam - I know, but I'm typically in the first few days of a rollout. ;) Note that I think I read TeslaFi doesn't remove cars that have either let their subscription lapse or have been totaled -- so when you look at the list and see those one-offs like that, there could be a couple reasons for it.

Doing a quick-look at my data, In the last year I see an update interval of no greater than 28 days between individual updates. The data can be manipulated a billion different ways based on whatever criteria you want to get a multitude of different answers though.

I will note that TeslaFi in the last month I think, maybe 2, did a huge purge of stale data. It was a purge that was very unlikely to have been the result of all those cars that were deleted to have suddenly updated all at once.

Dec 30/Dec 31 was the purge date.

I will say, my average is about every 2 weeks (technically, 15 days per TeslaFi), so we are approaching when there is *generally* something starting, at least to early access members, but I expect with year end being all-hands-on-deck, that likely even had some of the dev team pulled in other directions too. I mean, who better to do data entry on sales than people with a high attention to detail that type fast? ;) Looking back to last year, I went from 12/10/2018 until 1/11/2019 -- and it was still a 2018.50 build that I installed in January. My first 2019.x build didn't install until March.

Big_Ed | 17. januar 2020

Not surprising that dev cycle would slow down a bit over the holidays.