Forums

JUST GOT MY UPDATE TEXT!!!!!

JUST GOT MY UPDATE TEXT!!!!!

I AM SO EXCITED!!! I got my "your car will be built in the next two weeks" text from tesla!!!!!!!

It's a model X Performance. I can't wait to join the EV group! Any advice as to the best "things to know " for the X? I know im going to print out the delivery sheet, but is there anything else im missing?

n7142701886 | 13. februar 2020

Time is coming, congrats

dccmtucker | 14. februar 2020

Congrats!!!

awodele | 14. februar 2020

Congrats! I just picked up my 2018 model x yesterday

lowtek | 14. februar 2020

Same here! Got mine a few days ago, Performance with 22’s.

dmm1240 | 14. februar 2020

Hmmm.

* Read the manual. Tesla’s have differences from ICE cars that aren’t obvious
* The key to operating and enjoying your X is learning the software interface. Spend time playing with the screens to learn where everything is
* Unless things have changed, don’t charge your car to 100% when you’re not on a trip. 80-90% is recommended.
* Learn how to set the timer to charge overnight when electricity rates are typically lower. Consider buying a walk mount charger. It costs $500 but the advantage is it makes charging your X as simple as plugging in your smartphone. I set mine to start charging at 11 pm every day. What happens if you’re not plugged in at 11? Nothing, simply plug in when you get home or forget and it will start charging immediately without complaining.
* If you encounter a software glitch, first try rebooting the system by presiding and holding down both scroll wheels at the same time until your main screen goes black. It will reboot, this usually solves most issues, the Tesla equivalent of rebooting your PC.
* It will take a couple of hours practice to master regenerative braking. When you take your foot off the accelerator pedal your X becomes a brick. At first, you’ll find yourself stopping short of where you intend when stopping at a red light. You’ll get the hang of it.

robertaj | 14. februar 2020

Thanks guy I plan on printing out the manual....my work just installed some fast chargers so that's pretty exciting. I can't wait!! Nj just passed a law to rebate the $500 charger so it will be free... so that plus free supercharging for life is a great deal

TSLA67 | 14. februar 2020

Got my text as well. However, also heard today Tesla just released a range increase/update for Model S and X. Does this apply to cars that are scheduled to be delivered as well???

https://electrek.co/2020/02/14/tesla-releases-long-range-plus-model-s-x-...

Pungoteague_Dave | 15. februar 2020

@TSLA67 "Got my text as well. However, also heard today Tesla just released a range increase/update for Model S and X. Does this apply to cars that are scheduled to be delivered as well???"

Yes, and all cars delivered for the past few months.

Pungoteague_Dave | 15. februar 2020

Floor mats and wall charger should get you set up. You'll find a lot of goodies later. I especially like the brighter interior lighting available here: https://evannex.com/products/led-lighting-upgrade-kit-for-tesla-model-x

jfj.jem | 16. februar 2020

go to you tube. Tesla model x

TSLA67 | 16. februar 2020

@pungoteague_dave awesome thank you!

TSLA67 | 16. februar 2020

@pungoteague_dave awesome thank you!