Forums

Multiple systems on one account

Multiple systems on one account

We have two gateways on our account as we have 400a service. In the app I can switch between them no problem.

However, they both have the same name - so its not immediately clear which sub-panel is which. Does anybody know if it's possible to get the names updated to reflect their location?

Atom12 | 18. februar 2020

Click on the top middle in the app to bring up the "Name Your home" dialog.

petedilloway | 19. februar 2020

I added a second Powerwall and a new gateway. Tesla helpline removed the original gateway from my account but my app now shows a twin (correctly) and a single PW in error which says the gateway doesn’t exist. Anyone know how to get rid of it from the app?

noel | 21. februar 2020

@atom12 yep...that’s exactly it. Not sure how I didn’t find it!

noel | 21. februar 2020

@atom12 yep...that’s exactly it. Not sure how I didn’t find it!

Atom12 | 22. februar 2020

:-)

msparhawk | 28. februar 2020

Hi Noel, can you describe how you got 2 gateways on one account? I have 400A service and will need 2 gateways but my advisor said the only way to get it to work is to create a separate account in tesla app for the decks gateway.

Thank you!
Peter

msparhawk | 29. februar 2020

*second* gateway not "decks" - spell check....

joseph | 09. mars 2020

Related conversation: so I will be adding a second inverter to my house; but have 3 power walls for the entire house. Will this look like (1) solar system in the app or will it show (2)? Will it be on the same screen or will I have to swipe. Any screen shots please let me know.

Patrick | 10. mars 2020

Joseph - if you're only installing one energy gateway it will look like one system in the mobile app and gateway portal. Two inverters just means two connections to the generation panel and two breakers.

Depending on your final design it should be no problem to have two inverters and three PWs feeding your generation panel with five total breakers.

The generation panel then connects to the gateway along with the utility grid connection and the feed to your main breaker panel.