Forums

Dog Very Confused by Summon

Dog Very Confused by Summon

A bit of a light-hearted story to interrupt the usual bickering here... My car was parked in the street in front of my neighbor's house so I decided to summon it the 35 feet or so to my house, which I did, no issue. A few minutes later I noticed that the dog would not come back into the house. She just sat there staring at the car, waiting for the driver to get out. Because that is what ALWAYS happens when my car pulls up to the front of the house. After about 15 minutes I had no choice but to go out to the car, open the door, get in and get back out.

With order now restored to her universe, she followed me into the front door. (It sort of defeated the time-saving purpose of using summon, however.)

https://imgur.com/dNCvkey

coselectric | 07. mars 2020

Seems like every time I use Smart Summon in a public parking lot there is at least one human staring at the car the same way.

Lonestar10_1999 | 07. mars 2020

I get stares of admiration and folks are always amazed and amused. Unfortunately I find the Smart Summon acting more erratic with each firmware release. It’s getting to the point where I am hesitant to use it. I need to see improvement in its performance before I can trust it to behave safely in a public place.

Tesla2018 | 07. mars 2020

I had one of those reflectoized fold up sun shades on the inside of my windshield and used summon. Luckily no one was around since it would have freaked them out to see the car coming down the street with it still on

kevin_rf | 07. mars 2020

The Model 3 is my dogs safe space. Any time she can force her way into it she will.

Sarah R | 07. mars 2020

I can see that happening. I'm still giggling.

Mike83 | 07. mars 2020

Funny. Thanks